The season is over

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

The season is over

Postby King of Spades » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 pm

Confirmed by the National League that Step 2 season has been terminated and declared Null & Void
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Re: The season is over

Postby CyprusHawk » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am

I for one are not too disappointed given our form over recent matches. We were 9th and although we had a few games in hand, we wouldn't be up for challenging for automatic promotion even if we won those games. That said over the season who knows, but after only playing less than half matches and having already lost 6 games we weren't in promotion form really especially when you look at Dorking Wanderers and they were beginning to stamp their authority! I suspect they'll be absolutely gutted because the odds on they won't go and repeat this all next season. Hopefully we will be able to review what we had done, sort the squad out in time for pre season commencing in July. Plenty of time to sort out to ensure we get promoted next year. Enjoy your extended summer. I guess to get properly match fit squads would start earlier perhaps.
CyprusHawk

Re: The season is over

Postby baz » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Being in poor form shouldn't please us that the season is over, more the farcical way the league was progressing or not progressing up to the present time. Nine clubs in NLS have voted to discontinue and I think thats too many absentees to allow the rest of the League to carry on with any legitimacy. The fact that fans cant attend games is another factor why interest has waned over the months with unreliable streaming, not only at H&W, but many other clubs with similar problems. So I think its a blessing to put the competition out of its misery, some may think differently.

The more vulnerable amongst us will have their 2nd jabs by the time we come back in July for the friendlies when hopefully turnstiles will be open again to supporters even though there still maybe limitations on numbers. Be good to see all our pals again in person rather than social media contacts or Zoom meetings. Have a safe Spring and Summer.

COYH
baz

Return to Hawk Lounge