Dull witch omlette

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Dull witch omlette

Postby Adam » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:40 pm

Not quite sure how we scrambled the 3 points there. First half was pretty meh all round topped off with yet another penalty not converted. Conceded a goal where a centre back got turned far too easily again and it felt like a script we'd seen all too often this season.

But, another pen on 75 mins (possibly soft, but the kind Wes gets) which Magri of all people slotted, and it seemed to give the team another gear. Two fab goals, both thanks to Alfie, and the away run continues.

By no means a vintage performance, and we never looked comfortable, but the Dulwich keeper pulled off at least 3 world class stops to keep them in it as well.
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Re: Dull witch omlette

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:28 am

opinions eh! i thought we battered em. seriously they were lucky it wasn't 6, the goalkeeper pulled off at least 2 worldies and 3 very good saves.

The first half was a joy to watch actually, quick passing football, movement, players running into channels and space, all that was missing was a goal and that little bit of extra quality in the final third. a total change in attitude and performance from only 3 days earlier.

It did look like here we go again when just before the break keds smashed his pen against bar and soon after half time they scored with a quick break.

what was pleasing though was we didn't panic, we kept playing football and didn't just smash it long. Wes won another penalty calmly slotted home by Sam, who knew that he was the pentaly taker we've been looking for all this time! Alfie does what does best and kept running at them, eventually setting up Brad for the 2nd and topped it off with the 3rd.

fantastic away performance.
Pompeyred

Postby PO6_Hawk » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:36 pm

After the negativity of Saturday this was a great bounce back.

I thought the first half was actually quite good, with Havant playing some excellent football albiet with no end result.
In fact it was typical of a 'home' performance - plentiful possession, chances created but not put away, a penalty missed and then an error to concede late on.
Luckily the second half was different and maybe a soft penalty but that started the turnaround and from there the result wasn't really in doubt.

Special mention to Alfie who I thought was excellent.
PO6_Hawk

Postby King of Spades » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Don't think it was our best away performance but definitely the better side and deserved the points

Looked dangerous going forward and as mentioned if not for some top quality saves could've easily been 5 or 6. Should've been ahead at the break but the penalty curse on hawks games this season continued, that's 6 we've missed now I think and with Worner saving them all at the other end conversion rate must be below 50% which is crazy!

Dulwich rallied at the start of the second half and as we always do we conceded. But as we tend to do away from home we came back. Second pen was definitely the right call, Fogden went in knowing if he got the ball first he was getting fouled, he did and was caught. Clinical finish from Tarbuck and Rutherford showing what he can do when he stays on his feet at the end

Made harder work of it than necessary with our shaky defence but overall decent perfromance

Also thought the referee was pretty poor, one of the worst this season. Never seen a ref just completely miss the linesman flag the ball has gone out and play on for 30 seconds before noticing!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Postby trevorfj » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 am

No more scrambled egg, thanks. I'll stick with the omelette. Pride returned. Please keep hold of it - HOME and away. I hope we've found our penalty taker. Well done everybody. COYH
trevorfj

Return to Hawk Lounge