Just putting it out there ,,,

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Postby friartuck » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:21 pm

I understand the club are keen to reform the old HawkSupport (supporters club) to help raise the profile of the club, organise away travel, fund raising events and generally helping to take the club forward. Historically this was successful and assisted the club in not only raising funds but also much needed volunteers to help take ideas forward to the fans to help with match day experience.

Is this something people think is a good idea for the club and would there be any volunteers to help reignited the Supporters Club?

I believe there will be a open meeting shortly with those who think they can help. Personally I think it’s a great way to bring fans together? So who can help?
friartuck

Re: Just putting it out there ,,,

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 pm

You have ready made committee with Bob, Nina, Alan, Adrian, Elaine etc etc & Glenn of course would be the perfect Chair/President.
CyprusHawk

Postby baz » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Would be nice to reincarnate HawkSupport again. I think there's only me and Les from the original committee that still come to matches regularly, later joined by the Friar, the Jeffreys and Nibbles later on. It certainly helps to have a supporters club to co-ordinate travel on match days and evenings and usually able to negotiate discounts in the club shop as well as raising money by holding Quiz Nights, Race Nights, Bingo evenings etc etc which were all good fun. Surely with our increased support these days this could and can be achieved.

Unfortunately, due to my recent health issues, I don't want to put my name forward this time, but I would be happy to give any advice and help I can to any of you reading these who is willing to take up the mantle to arrange a meeting of fans to form a new committee. Maybe the media team could give it a push on the social media pages?

COYH

p.s. Apologies if I've left anyone out on the list above :oops:
baz

Postby CyprusHawk » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:44 am

Sorry i didn't mention you or Les, Baz. Apologies, and sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you things improve. I hope HawkSupport can re-emerge in some guise, it needs it. My only concern was when it did well, and contributed etc to the scoreboard which hasn't worked for years, and the pitch covers that i don't think quite fit?! the club took the reigns of the shop back and then seemed to run it into the ground only to give it back to those volunteers again to pick up the pieces and try to build it up again. Bob and gang, and before that Baz, Les, Simon et al all had those same issues. If its reincarnated, to me, they need to be left to their own devices and get on with it and build it up into the success it once was and then the club need to leave the supporters to continue to the next level.
CyprusHawk

Postby baz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Nothing to apologise for Ian. Agreed, Bob and his team do an excellent job in the clubshop, but a fully functional Supporters club is what's needed in this new era for the Hawks. Hopefully, a new committee will come forward in the near future.

COYH
baz

Postby ade » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:33 pm

hi kidz :!: :wave:

after the fantastic supporters form in may there's to be another one on the 4th. july, two days prior to our firs prf at alfesford :geek:

good opportunity for interested parties to get together :idea: :?:

any supporters club would have my total support, fwiw, as you gotta be a special kinda person to volunteer to be on any committee. a thankless task sometimes highjacked by precious tossers who resign every 5 minutes and pursue a warped, personal agenda.

we are blessed with volunteers at the hawks and i'm sure we'll have persona of adequate character to stepforward and reignite hawks support. :P
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:36 am

Will the club shop still be club / supporters run?
With the new kit deal and supply between Uhlsport and NK Teamwear I wonder if they will take ownership of all merchandise sales?

I was speaking to a friend at the Maidenhead away game where they have a similar agreement through BLK Sportswear. BLK have a mobile shop unit selling all merchandise which was previously sold by MUSA (Supporters Association) as well as facilities to sell online.
Now everything is direct with BLK the supporters association now receive no revenue from merchandise sales and BLK even prevented them from selling badges.

I suppose more will be shared when the kit is announced and how to buy, but I would suspect all kit and merchandise will now be sold through NK Teamwear.
PO6_Hawk

Return to Hawk Lounge