Club for sale/not for sale...Halifax away thread

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Club for sale/not for sale...Halifax away thread

Postby Andy S » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:26 am

Busy afternoon. Club was advertised for sale in a high-profile ad but now apparently not for sale according to a quickly-rushed-out statement. Investors now required. Halifax away. Massive. Season defining game. COYH.
Andy S

Re: Club for sale/not for sale...Halifax away thread

Postby matthew and son » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:27 am

I'll never complain about what mr pope has done for this club. To be where we are and still be debt free is an amazing achievement!! If and when he does eventually sell up he'll have nothing but thanks from everyone! But maybe the time is right to get fresh blood in to help him out to take us further. We would have to go full time next season and that won't be cheap. Whatever Derek decides he'll have the best interests of the club at heart of that im certain
matthew and son

Postby Pompeyred » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:22 am

Agreed a debt of thanks will always be due. The chairman is right, if we go full time, if we develop the stadium then it requires cash and probably lots of it,

It’s where we go next that has a massive bearing on the club, stay in this league, go full time, establish ourselves in this league with crowds regularly pushing 2000?? It’s all certainly achievable but it all depends on the next 10 weeks really.
Pompeyred

Postby Adam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:52 am

Hard not to be disappointed with only a point with the red card midway through the first half. Looked a little harsh from my standpoint but most of their fans (who would have been a lot closer) thought it was late and studs up. Can't honestly say we made the man advantage make any difference at all - neither keeper had much to do in either half. Fogden stuck out on the left-wing meant he couldn't really influence the game and create something, and whilst Jalloh showed some nice touches the first 10 mins he was on, the end product was very much lacking. Can't help but think that if we'd had a player like their 7, who always looked super dangerous on the counter, we might have been able to snatch something.

Still, beautiful sunny day, several delicious pints in the Three Pigeons before and after the game, and the non-stop entertainment of Jordan "Hollywood" Rose smashing the ball 60 yards directly into touch :thumbup:
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby baz » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:52 pm

Got to treat that as 2 points dropped as that was one of the target win games for survival. Need 5 more wins out of the remaining 11 games, seems a tall order given that we've only won 8 out of the previous 35 but we still live in hope, Need to play our strongest available team from now on, whatever that is, we can never be sure what the team sheet is going to look like from one week to the next, but I'm sure a plan will be in place.

COYH
baz

Postby ade » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:48 pm

every points a prisoner, baz :wave: plus we halved our two points adrift tickle....

11 massive cup finals to go. as pointed out by the hawks fans twitter feed, that was the last of our mamouth away trips, but also we've no more midweek away games :idea: :geek:

some big real 6 pointers coming up aswell :twisted:

we have worked so hard to get to this great division and are scrapping so hard to stay in it.

we give EVERYTHING and the rest to stay here....

#bollox #backbone #spunk
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Andy S » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Absolutely Ade.
Probably a few twists and turns to come.
It is a great division and an unforgiving one. Team preparation and selection has to be absolutely spot on in every game. We discussed at Halifax that - not including players out on loan - our squad is down to 17. And I worry that because of the sudden lack of numbers we are clearly playing players who are carrying injuries.
See you Saturday.
COYH.
Andy S

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:18 pm

We discussed at Halifax that - not including players out on loan - our squad is down to 17

I looked at that and initally thought "surely not" but the Halifax XVI plus Harris (and poss. Huggins - is he still around?) I seem to recall reading that we won't see Bradley or P.Robinson again soon, so yes, very light on numbers.
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby Andy S » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:37 pm

Josh was on loan at Kingstonian. Hamster watched him a couple of weeks ago in a 7-1 defeat at Dorking.
Incidentally, I’d love to know the situation with Nicke. All season we’ve lived with the threat of players being recalled from loan at a moment’s notice. Jonah was quickly called back by Sutton after scoring a couple of goals. Obviously Nicke scored five in his first four games for Hartlepool. As we’re a bit threadbare I’m sure Carts will soon be back from Gosport.
Andy S

Return to Hawk Lounge