Sunday's charity Exhibition Match

Discussion forum for the over-50 walking football team.

Sunday's charity Exhibition Match

Postby Probably Shirts » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:34 pm

As you may have seen on the main Forum here, we have been given 2x England vs Estonia tickets by Derek, which we will be raffling at the game on Sunday, draw will be at half-time of the celebs game. The club have also given us a book of raffle tickets. All we need now is a couple of volunteers to sell them!

I would imagine £1 a strip is a reasonable price, if we sell the book out it would be about £200-worth.

I have spoken to Pompey ITC and they are happy for us to play 7 a side instead of 6 a side, as we have so many volunteers to play and that way everyone can get a decent walk out; we'll try to time it for 2x 15 minute halves, but the club might cut us short as (I suppose) the Celebs and Ex-Pompey lot might want access sooner rather than later.

The players for Sunday are as follows:
Barry Carter
Pete Dolamore
John Hicks
Mo Hill
Colin Jeffery
Tony Jewell
Rob Kelly
John Morgan
Jeff Pickering
Stew Russell
Steve Talman
Derek Trapp
Clive Wilkin

You will each be charged £5 for the privilege!

Referee: Dave Hall (Rob can you please bring the whistles for him?)

Please meet at 11.30 at the clubhouse. Those of you who picked up kit today, please be wearing it but bring a change of clothes so that I can gather all the kit up at the end and return it for laundry! The rest of you will be given kit on the day. Don't forget to wear shin pads (Derek, you might want a crash helmet as well!)
Probably Shirts

Re: Sunday's charity Exhibition Match

Postby Probably Shirts » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Many thanks to all of the players and supporters of the Many Shades for today's performance. Thanks also to Havant & Waterlooville FC for allowing us to abuse their hospitality so thoroughly! Although we didn't win any matches (3x 0-0 draws and a 1-0 defeat), I felt that the show we put on was a credit to the sport and to our progress over the past year.

To let the world know, we raised £175.00 from the match fees - £100 from Pompey ITC and £75 from ourselves. Special thanks to both our gaffer for the day Matt, and to our ref Dave, for helping out so much, and actually paying for the privilege! The raffle for Derek Pope's England tickets raised another £186.00, making a grand total of £361.00 to be split between the two charities.

Chatting to Harry S afterwards, he is keen that we have a return game against Eastleigh FC soon, as he thinks we have improved so much we'd give them a decent game now. :wtf:

Also, Giorgio who runs the Pompey ITC team has said that we can join them one Monday morning for a friendly session at ROKO sometime - perhaps in November? :thumbup:
Probably Shirts

Return to Hawks Walking Football