London Marathon 2009

The place to discuss anything other than Hawks related topics. Register to post.

London Marathon 2009

Postby simon lynch » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi all,

On the 26th April me and about 40,000 other people will be taking part in the London Marathon, putting ourselves through 26.2 miles of pain, all in the name of good causes. After three months of hard training, and losing two and a half stones in the process, I'm looking on target for breaking the four hour barrier this year, smashing my time of four hours, forty seven minutes from last year.

Anyway, enough about me - here's what you can do to help! This year I am running for MacMillan Cancer Support, a charity which I'm sure most of you are aware of. When I lost my nan to cancer a few years ago the nurses that looked after her were nothing short of superb, and earlier in the year when my mum lost her short battle with cancer, although the illness was so brief we did not need to call on their help, MacMillan were still there, ready to help me and my brother if needed.

These guys do a great job, both for those suffering from cancer, and the people affected emotionally by this terrible illness. If you can find any small amount to sponsor me then please do so, because in every step, and every mile I run on the 26th April I will be putting in every ounce of effort I have to make sure I get round and raise money for this great cause.

http://www.smartgive.com/showpage.php?url=simonlynchmarathon

Many thanks for your time, and hopefully your hard-earned cash.

Simon.
Old blokes can find new technology too...I'm now tweeting on @SimonNLynch
simon lynch

Return to Off Topic