Latest form

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Latest form

Postby montyles » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Any thoughts on our latest form? There appears plenty of running around but no real creation, i found the formation of last nights side strange, we had 2 upfront Tommy sat just behind them , the rest seemed in a defensive line up. It always bother me that we never leave anyone upfront when we are defending a corner, Dartford had 3 up when we had a corner, thus taking away 3 of ours. Of course who am i to judge the line ups and tactics , just one of the poor souls who trudges off back home, wishing he had stayed home.
montyles

Re: Latest form

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:57 am

Can't comment on the Concord game as wasn't there but it's very much a case of not creating much whilst being defensively poor.

I'm not sure the reasoning on playing our top scorer behind two new strikers (but Payne did score on Saturday).

We will need to raise it on Saturday otherwise Ebbsfleet will tonk us
Ed Harris' Pint

Re: Latest form

Postby West_stand_worrier » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:15 am

I know this is going to sound weird but it's true. I think I know what's behind our disastrous run of form. Right before the Dorking away game on Boxing Day, behind our goal this albino squirrel started jumping around on the wall at the back of the stadium. Never seen one before. The previous game had been a deserved battling 2-1 away win at Eastbourne (that seems a long time ago). Since then: 9 games 3 points 5 goals for 21 against.
#squirrelout
West_stand_worrier

Return to Hawk Lounge