Players coming or going

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Players coming or going

Postby robert ellam » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 pm

The Club is very quite about the players retain list for next season. Has anybody heard anything? The club website is a well out of dates with any information worth reading.
robert ellam

Re: Players coming or going

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:28 am

Pompeyred

Postby hawksfconline » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Good luck Danny Kedwell at Cray Wanderers.
thanks for the memories and your enthusiasm within the dressing room
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kncVRPqMu98
hawksfconline

Postby Allen » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 pm

Never had the pleasure of seeing Danny’s enthusiasm in the dressing room !! Certainly look forward to seeing him next season at Bognor and/or Worthing for Cray. As for Hawks IMHO nowhere near to replacing either JP or Alfie ... not even close. Hopefully we can secure a striker or two who’ll be able to get enough goals to get us up where we all want to be. COYH.
Portsmouth Senior Cup Winners 2015 & 2017; Runners-Up 2016
Allen

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Regarding replacing JP & Alfie, lets not forget Jonah had a fantastic season finishing with the golden boot and deservedly earnt a move up the leagues. Jonah & Danny had a great partnership but was unfortunately too short lived and slightly injury plagued.

I know last season was strange and I wouldn't criticize any player but I had expected a little more from Joe Iaciofano. Scored some good goals but having been the leading scorer the previous season I had hoped for more. Would be happy for him to stay also but I can see him moving on.
I believe Tommy Wright signed a 2 year deal last summer, so assuming no one comes in for him he should feature in 21/22 which is a big plus.

At the back - Worner, Read, Magri, Robson & Straker is as strong a back line as any team if all fit and not suspended!
Assuming Diarra moving back to Woking is a permanent/longer term deal rather than to finish the season once ours ended?
Central midfield I could see at least 1 if not all 3 of Theo, Poku & Clifford move on.
Out wide and attacking with Gomis, Taylor & Deacon is strong if all can be retained and are fully committed.
Then up top at least 1 if not 2 seasoned strikers are needed if Joe moves on.
Rowe, McLennan & Ajakaiye amongst others didn't really steal a march on any of the above so a little strength in depth will also be required.

A bit of a shake up is needed I feel. Along with the discipline and finishing games with 11 men!
PO6_Hawk

Return to Hawk Lounge