Paul Doswell pos Eastbourne

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Paul Doswell pos Eastbourne

Postby hawksfconline » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:20 pm

Thanks to BBC Radio Solent's Cliff Pledge
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zns2lW3yBgI
hawksfconline

Re: Paul Doswell pos Eastbourne

Postby montyles » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:14 pm

Was Paul hinting at the league might not get finished due to finances? He mentioned money, did this refer to the pyramid payments from the premier league, or loans/grants, from the F.A/Government? Loans, as we all know, have to be paid back, so is he suggesting clubs would not support a loan scheme, therefore struggle to keep up with the daily upkeep of running a club at this level and above.
montyles

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:48 pm

Loans / grants.

The Clubs were promised loans if the season started without fans. There is now rumour of grants instead. I believe there’s quite a few club who wound refuse to play if grants were offered vice loans.

I think the original loan handout is still being investigated too, tge independent committee were basically ignored by Brian Barwick. if was said that It would be based on attendance numbers. And then the NL board shafted clubs like ours with decent numbers. The Hungerford chairman must still be pissing himself.
Pompeyred

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:26 pm

From Ollie Baylis non league news, looks like season over.

I understand that the DCMS has indicated to the National League that their £11m of funding will be in loans.

Grants will only be available in exceptional circumstances.

The National League is encouraging clubs to contact their local MP to ask them to lobby DCMS.
Pompeyred

Postby montyles » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:20 pm

https://youtu.be/O2I0xIMEL24 Have a listen, CEO Stuart Munro talking about the financial side of things.
montyles

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Sadly I think it's inevitable that the season will be ended soon.

This latest 'winter survival package' seems purely of loans, of which many clubs if not all will not be able to re-pay in addition to operating as usual.

Teams such as Slough have been vocal in encouraging a suspension to the season or will not be able to survive.

It doesn't feel right to continue, it's no fun following the games without being able to attend and likewise can be no fin for the players turning out each week in empty stadiums. Perhaps that's why there has been a drop in performance's and some strange results across the league over the past weeks.

Lets hope the vaccines are rolled out smoothly and we can return for the 2021/22 season in September
PO6_Hawk

Postby Highhawks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:01 pm

I agree with you po6_hawk, it's becoming an increasingly looking outcome that this season will not be completed, the costs to continue without fan attendance is not viable and if this cash was provided to all the national league clubs as loans we wouldn't as all others be able to pay it back and until the fans are allowed back in and clubs can make a regular income again its not wise to carry on playing, most teams in this league have had an inconsistent run of games because of positive cases desrupting the season with like us a few games less played then others, I can't see this season carrying on for much longer
Highhawks

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:25 pm

thats some statement we've just released.

10 days isolation for the whole club, one case and loads of track and trace contacts. not safe and not happy.

concord are refusing to play this weekend too as the money isn't a grant, so it will be interesting to see who the league fine!
Pompeyred

Postby montyles » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:12 pm

I think the club have made the best possible decision, and Stuart is right in saying that the health and well being of all the staff and families is way above a game of football. The NL need to make the decision now to cancel this season. I have spoken to a few people now who have loved football for decades, but have no enjoyment in it now, with it being played in the current climate, and some of these people are season ticket holders with Premier clubs. Also as another point what protocols are the major leagues playing to? I cant see or cuddle my grandaughter, or cuddle anyone else for that matter, but some hairy arse geezer puts the ball in the net, and wow its like a mass orgy, dont tell me there living in a bubble. I feel once again at the top money talks. One good thing to come out of all this, is FA cup ties sorted in one game, hope this is the new norm.
montyles

Return to Hawk Lounge