Slough

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Slough

Postby underthenewstand » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:18 am

To play that long with 10 men & be the better team overall is a good point gained, thought everyone played there part tonight.

Slough surrounding the ref probably swayed his choice of card but am told by fans behind goal it was a red though.
Not a Fan of all this Elite Bollocks.
underthenewstand

Re: Slough

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:16 am

I don't think Havant were the best team overall unfortunately. Even with 11 men Slough looked dangerous on the break, targeting the the two wingers who looked good but fortunately with only Ryan Bird up front there was no threat.
Slough had plenty of possession and corners in the first half and their defenders were comfortable dealing with the long ball/Kedwell tactic.
Havant did better after the break and you wouldn't have known they were a man short, but again Slough had 3/4 guilt edge chances with only an off-side flag, fantastic Worner save and two miss-hit efforts denying a goal.
Havant had a few goalmouth scrambles and another good Tommy Wright mazing run and shot but other than that their defence and GK weren't troubled.

As for the sending off, absolutely no doubt about it. Two footed, heavy and off the ground. Why on earth he felt he needed to do that is beyond me. In the middle of the park with no real threat and only 20 minutes into the game. Once again a sending off has cost dearly as with 11 men and Deacon on the wing rather than left back I think the Slough defence would have tired.

No outstanding performances, possibly Read or Worner for my MOTM. Likewise no one really had a bad game despite the midfield being bypassed for large parts again.

4 points from 3 home games isn't good enough for a team openly admitting they aim for promotion.
Still reasonably early days but need to win the games in hand!
PO6_Hawk

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:20 am

The one big talking point, 2 footed and clearly high/late. poor decision that gave the ref little choice, especially when they made a massive fuss running at the ref.

With 10 men we did exactly what was needed however, Poku and Gomis were disciplined in front of the the back 4 who defended well. Warner saved when he had to and it helped Ryan Bird not understanding the offside rule all night.

played 442 again which is good, is there a way to get billy Clifford into the midfield too? he's clearly the best passer we have at the club.

We might have snatched it on a different day but a draw was probably a fair result, Sluff looked a better team when we had 11!
Pompeyred

Postby mark c » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 am

I would have taken a point after 20 minutes :lol:
I thought whilst we had more possession we didn't really create too much and also, it has to be said that I didn't think that they looked particularly threatening either,

Whilst having no issue with the red card, it looked high, two footed and reckless from where I was stood, I do wish that teams wouldn't go screaming around the ref like they did, just let the ref deal with it

I'm loving the new pitch, you actually forget that it is 3g, the fact that I think there are now 8 teams this league with shows that they must be the way forward

Decent crowd again by the way it looked

UTH
There's no such things as Rock stars, there's just people who play music , some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks
mark c

Postby RKelly » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:52 am

I'm loving the 3G pitch too Mark, it's so much better than our old grass mudheap. We play walking football on it three times a week, its such a good surface to play on!!! It will pay it's benefits come those wet rainy days in January and February - no more 'match postponed' for us!!
RKelly

Postby johnstrat » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:12 am

MOM for me was Benny (yet again) - his pace/determination and crosses is a great asset to the team - it's just shame we can't capitalise on it. He should be a winger not a defender (although is is excellent at that).Tommy showed some real class again - Keds does what he does best but we need someone who can run up front with pace alongside Tommy to make the best of the chances we get. I'm afraid Rory has been disappointing - maybe he's still not 100% - he had a great chance to run forward on a few occasions but chose to stay where he was - maybe he has been told to - who knows - but we need the old Rory back upfront more. Great defending by all but we really do need to create more chances. All i can see is a team that likes to move the ball around but not actually making any headway or creating that many chances out of it, 9/10 we end up giving the ball away.Some of the players don't seem to know what to do with the ball when they get it so just pass back and give the responsibility to someone else.
We should be pushing forward and have some sort of plan rather than making it up as they go along.

And finally why do players always seem to over hit crosses - it's a contact irritation and waste of effort especially when getting in that position ready to cross it ! We need more players in the box ready for those crosses for when we actually do get a decent one in.

Finally, the ill discipline of players is beyond me - don't they know the rules of the game ? why make stupid illogical fouls that the other team can benefit from ? DOS and Bairdy need to have a word to cut this out as it has cost us dearly with players being sent off and unnecessary bookings. It's no good them shouting at the lino or ref about it ! Nip this in the bud !
johnstrat

Return to Hawk Lounge