Chelmsford Post Match Interviews

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Chelmsford Post Match Interviews

Postby hawksfconline » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Paul Doswell & Tommy Wright

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfQ9GUNroI
hawksfconline

Re: Chelmsford Post Match Interviews

Postby underthenewstand » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Decent attacking performance yesterday from most of the forward line, Wright runs his socks off it seems and you can that more from being inside the ground then from a stream & also from Taylor,Read & Deacon.

We still looked a bit suspect at the back at times for me seem to be missing a leader at the back under this management team.

Seems the Kedwell comments from maybe myself & others elsewhere didnt go down well with Doswell & thats fine by me & he is probably right fans dont understand football at times thats why we are paying spectors & not involved in the game but we will always be allowed our opinions weather they are liked or not so in that case as im told i dont understand football id like to ask what Gomis brings to the team, i understood last season that he was short of fitness etc but he has done nothing in any game so far for a period of 90mins, yes he does maybe one good thing per game but for someone of his build he does seem easily pushed off the ball & the moment in the second half where he beat a few players before miskicking it out of play sums him up for me, in someone like Wes who was half the size & build of Gomis he would never be pushed off the ball etc like Gomis and always had an impact on games.

Anyway as i know nothing about football i dont really know what im talking about.

Good to be back in the ground & no matter the result or performances id still rather be there then watching a stream of it.

#UTH
Not a Fan of all this Elite Bollocks.
underthenewstand

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Kedwell was fantastic yesterday. He won every header and held the ball well when needed.
Pompeyred

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:46 am

Much better game then the previous two!

We still look a little vulnerable at the back at times. Especially from set pieces.

I think the issue with Kedwell is against defenders who nullify his aerial ability. We'll continue to play long balls to him but it'll just come back or to the opposing team. He played well yesterday and got an assist (or two?). I've not been the biggest fan of him either but have to give credit when it's due for performances like Saturday.

Onwards to Slough for another three points! :thumbup:
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Thinking about the game a little more,

i liked the 442 formation. it gave us greater width and attacking threat, ironically the fullbacks got forward better in this formation than the 352 of last week when they were supposed to! Read down the right was a constant threat and good outlet supported well by Taylor who i would like to see play as a wide midfielder every week. We looked to be a bit more organised, not totally comfortable but the players seemed less like headless chickens.

Chelmsford played 352 and there 7, the right wing back looked good in the first half but was nullified effectively in the second half. breaking with pace seems to be the oppositions main threat no matter who we play. We have our own threat as Akajaky looked rapid in his first appearance and Sinclair is also like lightening. good options against tiring players.

Great hat trick from Wright, ably supported by Kedwell who ive mentioned i thought was fantastic. A focal point for the attack and even though some call it hoofball he is an outlet when we are under the cosh and we need to go long.

it was good to score first confidence wise, lets hope for more of the same going forward and a clean sheet here and there!
Pompeyred

Postby PO6_Hawk » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Very good win and decent performance. Chelmsford never really troubled and didn't look in the game for most parts.

Wright's first goal was a cracker, and for a striker was in the right places for the others. An all round good performance.
Kedwell was effective and deserved his start. I also thought Poku did well in breaking up play.
Defence weren't troubled and Benny caused real trouble especially in the build up to the second goal.

Only criticism's (scraping the barrel) were the performances of Gomis and Deacon. For me both are luxury players and having both in the starting 11 sometimes carries two passengers. Both did nothing wrong but also both were pretty ineffective and get bullied off the ball too easily.

Also, I thought Taylor was lucky to recieve only a yellow for his challenge...

Roll on Wednesday Vs Slough. I mentioned in my last post 6 points were needed from these two games, so first part done in style!
PO6_Hawk

Return to Hawk Lounge