bad times?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

bad times?

Postby ade » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 pm

no one was more peed off than me during and after the marine defeat. not coz we lost!

i witnessed the impossible relegation of 2016, i can EAT defeats! it was the ill discipline, shite football, arrogance and petulance....

indeed we seem to have a player sent off in every 'big' game?

then when i read 'they were hungrier than us' it was a real hoof in the goolies....

so i need a reality check! since the whirlwind mr. doswell has come in we have come so far! 1300 average crowds? who would have thought?

in his first season, despite an appalling home record, we finished second and might well have won conf south?

i have never had it so good as a hawk but i have had a truly shite 4 days....

i hope others will join my reality check as it is always darkest before the dawn....

#coyh #lgbth
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: bad times?

Postby westbourne bill2 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:59 pm

Its one thing to lose or ditch quality players like Jonah, Rutherford, Fogden and Tarbuck, but seriously what a load of dross we are now lumbered with. Quite frankly, a top half finish would be quite an achievement based on this seasons evidence.

We have the most clinically obese striker in semi pro football dictating a brand of hoofball Ive not seen here in years. The lack of discipline is one thing, the lack of creativity another. 1 on target shot in 2 hours and a passing accuracy of 51% against a side two levels below us ( the "narrow pitch" was a factor apparently). Defeat then against another side who played 75 mins with ten men.

We've been spoilt in recent years - but it all looks as if Its going to be a long, dull winter.
westbourne bill2

Postby CyprusHawk » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 pm

We won today though, back on track, 3-1 with a Wright hatrick, bout time he started scoring. So how many turned up? I suspect we'd have had about 1,000? Bet it was good to have crowds back? Can't wait to get back later in the month hopefully. Hope to make the Dorking & Eastbourne matches.
CyprusHawk

Postby ade » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 pm

great to hear from you and it was great to have fans back. as you say, maybe 1000?

but 'about time he started' scoring??!! :? :? :roll: :roll:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Return to Hawk Lounge