Marine Game

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Marine Game

Postby 88aml » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Well we got what deserved from that absolutely nothing. We couldn’t of asked for a better chance to make the 3rd and it was blown completely. I do need to say well done to Marine the best team won and anybody watching would of thought the Hawks were two divisions below Marine. Maybe it was because they hadn’t played in two weeks but Marine hadn’t played in 3. Maybe the boys just thought they needed to turn up and win. I will say personally this showed how much we miss Kedwell he leads the line well, is a leader and has some skill to him. Give Josh Taylor credit he worked hard despite not always having an end product to it he was trying. Disappointed in Deacon though he had a really bad game and he’s a player I quite rate. Still nothing can be done now the loss of money from the victory would of helped but let’s hope Dos uses this disappointment to fire the boys up for the rest of the season.
88aml

Re: Marine Game

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Probably not going to have a better chance than that to get to the 3rd round in quite awhile. I could only listen on the radio but it sounded like we were never really in the game.

It's worrying now that in these big games we seem to disappear or lose discipline (Dartford...Today). I haven't seen Dos' post match interview but I'm really hoping the 'Marine have players who should be playing in the leagues above' line isn't said as that doesn't wash. Yes, they've only played 5 games because of the cup but they've lost two so they're hardly pissing their league.

With that being said, good luck to Marine and well played.
Ed Harris' Pint

Re: Marine Game

Postby baz » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:05 am

No question Marine deserved the win, but what a desperately disappointing display from the Hawks. Apart from the odd few periods in games, we've not performed as a team at all this season and it all looks disjointed to me at the moment. I know the league is the priority, but we certainly need to up our game in the weeks to come if we have any ambitions of gaining promotion.

Hopefully we get a good response on Wednesday against Hemel who have won their last 4 away games. Certainly cant afford to fall too far behind the Dartfords and the Dorkings if we wish to make an impact on the League

COYH
baz

Return to Hawk Lounge