Streaming

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Streaming

Postby montyles » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Has anyone managed to access the free streaming? if you have how did you do it. i have gone through the ticket part of the OS, but it does not recognize my season ticket number. Got to say it has not been made very clear how to do it on the site, and no one from the club has replied to any emails i have sent
montyles

Re: Streaming

Postby montyles » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Gary has sent me the link :thumbup: COYH, by the way does anyone the squad numbers?
montyles

Postby montyles » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Dont know what was worse the second half Hawks performance, or the camera work on the streaming service, did anyone see the equalizer?
montyles

Postby kevin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:15 pm

I had the 'static' but al through the second half the stream kept buffering although it was fine in the first half
kevin

Postby Pompeyred » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Stream stopped at 60 mins for me, was perfect until then.

not seeing the last 5 mins was probably a bonus
Pompeyred

Postby Cowplain-loovillefan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm

First time listening to the football and watching the streaming. Yes I experienced problems at 58 minutes losing connection, and the camera work towards the end left a little to be desired however if was good effort, and thank you to the club for organising it for the season ticket holders. I wish my professional team looked after their fans so well.
Cowplain-loovillefan

Postby robert ellam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 am

Never saw anything from 40 to 45 minutes and nothing at all after 90 minutes :D which I now think done me a favour.
robert ellam

Postby baz » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:28 pm

I lost the last 10 minutes of the game which was maybe a blessing. Were we trying to run the clock down for the last 5 minutes and got caught out, how many times over the years have I seen that happen! Anyhow, what I saw of the game Maidstone probably feel they deserved the point although disappointing for us to take that double hit at the death.

11 years since we won our first league game of the season, I was there to see Lee Peacock (who remembers him) score at Boreham Wood and generally, apart from a couple of seasons, we haven't done too badly thereafter.

Thought we did OK in patches, Joe took his goals well, would like to see us sign a big fella up top to give us a bit of variety, but depends if the budget extends to that.
baz

Postby friartuck » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:14 am

I wanted to give an honest approach on the live stream and I hope the service was a better experience for people last night. To note i am no technical expert !

Looking at the data It was incredible to think we had 3383 viewing the Chatham game last night "free of charge", which we felt as a club was the best approach for fans given the issues we had unfortunately experienced for the first game.

For the Maidstone game (with a lot of existing season ticket holders) we had 965 people viewing. So it is our opinion our equipment and software is correct for the project. However we wanted re-test our provider due to the issues we experienced on the 1st game. We hope with the continued hard work we are getting through these challenging technical issues which we believe are somewhat out of our control, and given that the whole experience is completely new to the team and everyone involved. I am extremely proud of the hard work and determination by the team to bring such a service in a very short period of time. We have all been working tirelessly to bring this service to people during the current situation we all find ourselves in.

We have also had our IT company inspecting our services and software which are all good, and last night we utilised the professional services of another company to check that we were operating the software correctly, which again was all good. So we know our system is ok along with our operations, which was hopefully proven last night. We have also purchased the highest streaming bandwidth known to mankind and upgraded and invested a lot of new equipment. We believe the issues originally encountered during the Maidstone game could of been down to miscommunication to the end user or their own WI-FI. We are looking to make the customer journey easier for the end user so please stick with us, Its new to everyone so please be patient.

We are also hearing nearly every club that has been offering live stream have experienced one problem or another, including well experience football league and National League clubs. We believe it could purely be down to the levels of people wanting to watch their team through live stream channels. Most clubs have all gone down different routes and all appear to have one issue or another.

It does go to show that there is a market for live stream and it somewhat surprises me that BT Sports are not offering a service like they did for the play off. We have purchased the highest bandwidth known to mankind for streaming, upgraded and invested in a lot of new equipment. From the initial feedback we believe other issues we encountered were due to logging into the system which could of been down to the end user and their own WI-FI not being capable of streaming 4K video, but as noted above we are looking to make the customer journey more simplified. Its new to everyone so please be patient.

On the point of loosing the camera in the last ten minutes of the Maidstone game, this was down to an error on our behalf. We all had assumed that we had lost live streaming when in fact we had not, so all we can do is apologise !

We move on and continue to work hard for the fans.

COYH !
friartuck

Postby montyles » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:54 pm

No problems for me last night, well done to all concerned :thumbup:
montyles

Return to Hawk Lounge