Disappointing News that Wes joins Dorking Wanderers

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Disappointing News that Wes joins Dorking Wanderers

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:18 am

I think it was on the cards at the beginning of last season, he now joins Alfie, Jason Prior and Ed Harris at Dorking to challenge us for promotion to NL in the forthcoming season. I'm disappointed to see him leave and would have thought when he left he'd drop down a division or hang up his boots altogether. So i hope this move doesn't come back to bite us. Dorking will be stronger this season for sure, but then again i think we shall be too. I must admit i wondered how much football Wes would play this year, he's not getting any younger but his enthusiasm for the game, his experience in the dressing room too would have helped the coaches in what they are wanting to achieve. I guess Dos knows what he's doing. Do we get a fee? Wasn't he under contract? Or did he reject a new contract in favour of the move to Dorking. I must say Wes has been an absolute legend at this club and i'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms apart from when we play against Dorking. :) All the best Wes and perhaps though we will be champs, you could get promoted with Dorking via the Play offs. Good luck.
CyprusHawk

Re: Disappointing News that Wes joins Dorking Wanderers

Postby baz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 am

As soon as Dos said one or two will have to leave the club, Wes immediately sprung to mind. With the signing of Billy Clifford I couldn't see Wes getting into the side regularly unless Billy got injured. He leaves with our grateful thanks for all the committed performances over 2 spells at the club, but the time had come for him to move on to a new challenge and I'm sure we all wish him well at his new club. Cheers Wes.
baz

Re: Disappointing News that Wes joins Dorking Wanderers

Postby Pompeyred » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:35 pm

The word legend is over used but not in this case. Good luck Wes, you will be missed,

I guess Andy Drury might be surplus to requirements also
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge