Vs Dulwich

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Vs Dulwich

Postby PO6_Hawk » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:16 pm

Another good game to watch, and disappointed not to get 3 points despite playing over 50 minutes with 10 men.

Thought Havant deserved to win the game and spurned some great chances to score.
That said Dulwich were a good side and had chances themselves.

I’ve no qualms with Simon Walton over the sending off, he was put in a no win situation courtesy of a dreadful pass. However prior to that he gave away a simple opportunity for Dulwich to take the lead which was only prevented by a divot on the pitch. He is beaten for pace constantly and although one or two cross field passes land on team mates feet, a majority are dreadful. Im not sure where Magri was today, but I don’t see how he gets into the starting 11. With the management team showing faith in Joe Cook signing a new deal then he needs a game to prove himself. Unfortunately Walton and Beckwith really haven’t looked settled and always seem to have a mistake in them.

Nicky Bailey was great today in both midfield and centre half. Also thought Jonah played well despite missing a few decent chances. Wes also looked good when coming in and goes to show how his busy/electric chasing down has been missed.

A week off before a really thought one at Slough.
Staying at 11 men and performing like the past two games and we might be alright...
PO6_Hawk

Re: Vs Dulwich

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 am

though we were the better team, even with 10 men, in fact maybe we looked better in the second half than we did in the first!

a good point i guess overall with Nicky Bailey being my MOTM.
Pompeyred

Postby trevorfj » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 am

“Im not sure where Magri was today, but I don’t see how he gets into the starting 11.”

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I found this a strange one. From where I sit Sam has been competitive and consistent with accurate distribution. The defence has been most stable when Magri, Robson and Bailey have been present with Read and Straker on the flanks. Sam covers well at the back for Benny who lacks height and when he is on one of his forward sorties.
After recent defensive bloomers and dismissals I welcome Sam’s early return to duty.
trevorfj

Postby baz » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:18 am

I think PO6 was referring to Walton not Magri, it was just the way it was written that made it confusing.
But I might be wrong.
baz

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:53 am

Just to confirm, I was indeed referring to Walton. My wording was poor but was trying to reference to Walton only playing because Magri was missing. For me Magri would be one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

For the record, does anyone know why Magri was absent on Saturday? Will he be available for the Slough game?
Also, when will the suspensions of Gomis and Walton kick in? Will they be absent this weekend?
PO6_Hawk

Postby Pompeyred » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:52 pm

PO6_Hawk wrote:Just to confirm, I was indeed referring to Walton. My wording was poor but was trying to reference to Walton only playing because Magri was missing. For me Magri would be one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

For the record, does anyone know why Magri was absent on Saturday? Will he be available for the Slough game?
Also, when will the suspensions of Gomis and Walton kick in? Will they be absent this weekend?

magri has a calf injury, walton and gomis missing on saturday v slough
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge