cinderford action!

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

cinderford action!

Postby ade » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:24 pm

thoroughly enjoyable, playing some nice stuff on a difficult surface against a good footballing side. easy to say when yer win :twisted:

i remember our really low crowds, maybe 150 in early trophy rounds. so well pleased with 385 :geek: the mr. doswell effect :angel:

only downside was the state of their board of directors :!: scruffy buncha herberts :!:
looked like something from a grateful dead gig :twisted:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: cinderford action!

Postby Tigerhawk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Oh dear Ade, it seems you upset the Cinderford board.
If it's not about winning why do we keep score
Tigerhawk

Postby ade » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:37 pm

how's that, tigger :shock:
ade

Postby Tigerhawk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:55 pm

Calling their board scruffy, their chairman is offended by it, look at their message board
If it's not about winning why do we keep score
Tigerhawk

Postby forest fred » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:09 pm

No upset board members or directors at Cinderford Town FC because we don't have any!!!

Not really sure where the Blue Grass, Funkmyster, Gratetful Dead fan bit came from. I arrived in a Range Rover, wore expensive levi jeans with a Ben Sherman shirt, and of course my CTFC tracksuit top with supporting logo's. I did have Rayban sunglasses but it pissed down all the way so didn't get them on in sunless Rompey Pompey... I went into your 'former clubhouse' - didn't know that at the time until some local complained that not many who watch football drink there. I know I spent £25 and must have been 50 of us so probably pushed almost a grand over the bar.

For your information, we are a constitution my friend, with an elected committee headed by our very sociable Chairman 'Mr Stu' We all known each other very well and for a considerable time now. Stu also has a very nice Range Rover but doesn't do Blue Grass - I think he's more Ibiza.. He managed a collar and tie and managed pass boardroom security. There's no way I'd cut the seat belt out of my Rover for any Vanarama Provincial team... Wedding or Funeral maybe.

Yep, not a bad game, Havant were very strong considering it was the reserve team according to someone in the club afterwards. Good job we played our thirds... Some great build up play by the hosts but always one pass too many... Need an earlier trigger. Number 3 was best player on the pitch, and the striker with the flat screen tele up his shirt must have been good once upon a time. Great touch, nice to watch. Not Billy Gilbert or Chris Burns tho(our former managers)

This will be my only post although I still can't get over the Gratetful Dead... my dad was an undertaker and he never mentioned them being gratetful, mainly because they were -'dead' Finally, we at Cinderford along with our National One League Rugby team, are proud of our sport and music. The late Jimmy Young was a Cinderford lad and delivered my mum's milk. We also had cult band EMF... Yep, that's' unbelievable'... And Finally, finally for the very last time... Get your hospitality team to pop down to Totton AF and get a few tips on how to do it properly.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
forest fred

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Enjoyed the game, im wondering however why does it rain every saturday at 3pm!

The game was a typical cup tie played in tricky conditions, lots of endeavour from them which we had to match to get anything, the skill and football came from us but at 1 - 1 deep into the second half it was squeaky bum time!

No Jonah and only 4 subs on the bench meant the team picked itself really, the change in formation was interesting, it gave Brad Tarbuck plenty of scope to get forward which he did well, Stakes was the other highlight especially going forward

it does seem Ade has really upset the yokels too! what a time to be alive :)
Pompeyred

Postby ade » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:26 pm

sure gotta purty mouth :geek:
ade

Return to Hawk Lounge