Concord

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Concord

Postby martin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:58 pm

The poor weather helped ensure this was never going to be a contender for match of the season, but a battling performance meant we finally win a Saturday home game in the league. After a scrappy opening it was certainly the Hawks who settled first and the last 25 minutes of the first half was our most dominant period- we got the opening goal and were maybe a little unfortunate to be only 1 up at half time, although to be fair only an excellent Ross Warner save just before half time prevented Concord from also getting on the score sheet in the opening 45 minutes.

With the wind and driving rain at their backs I expected Concord to put us under pressure in the second half, but in truth that wasn't really the case and if anything we probably continued to have a little more of the play overall even playing into the worst of the weather. However, a great strike saw them level mid way through the second half and it looked like it would be yet another home game with dropped points. Credit to the team for the response though, we kept pressing and deservedly grabbed a winner with 10 minutes to go.

Man of the match correctly went to Craig Robson who made several important defensive interventions and used the ball calmly and effectively when in possession.
martin

Re: Concord

Postby ade » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:15 pm

that beautiful warm glow walking away from the stadium of dreams after such a hard fought win :P

I'm sure we have our reasons but I'm still struggling with the 3 up front....

really hoping i can make st. albans....
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: Concord

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:13 am

an old fashioned slog in a game we dominated in all truth, im not a great fan of 443 or a striker playing wide midfield, it is what it is though with a small squad and a couple of injuries. the players couldn't be accused of not trying however and thats all you can ask for in conditions like that, they all ran their proverbials off

the 2 goals were well taken headers, kedwells goal was a great ball in and a great centre forwards header. Magri made a decent cross into a goal with a bit of finesse!

wasn't it great to have a a player in the right place at the right time at the end too, we've been unlucky in that sense this season especially at home on a Saturday, Robson deserved MOTM before that clearance but that topped it off
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge