Wealdstone Saturday

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Wealdstone Saturday

Postby Harry the hawk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm

I have spaces in the car for Saturday's game at Wealdstone. If interested either PM me or give me a call 07368156205. COYH
Let's Go For A Little Walk
Harry the hawk

Re: Wealdstone Saturday

Postby Pompeyred » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:43 pm

If carlsberg did away days...... you hawks!
Pompeyred

Postby SeniorService » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:30 pm

An amazing performance to a man today

Could of easily been more

Ross’s brilliant point blank save at 1-1 deserves a shout also, gave us the platform to achieve what we did

A brilliant atmosphere amongst us Hawks behind the goal also, relentless vocals

A fantastic day all round

COYHs

COYHS
SeniorService

Postby Iggy1974 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:28 am

Birmingham City fan in peace:

I went to your game against Wealdstone as a neutral, 'cos we were in town prior to a London gig and we wanted to keep out of the pub for a couple of hours.

What a set of lunatic fans! 40 of you as a guess and I don't think I've ever seen such an abrasive punk rock attitude - singing original songs throughout the entire game (and loved the Bowie one). Awesome away support

As well as a thoroughly disciplined away performance, what stood out was, I stood at the half way line and loved your manager and chief coach - up and at 'em in a massively old school way. Incredibly abusive.

I will be looking out for your results from now on and seriously hope you get promoted.

I'd love you to be twinned with Blues in some way. What I saw on Saturday would be significant empathy with our crazy fans. Top of the Arrests League for 5 years running. I shall be looking out for your results from now on.

KRO
Iggy
Iggy1974

Postby King of Spades » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:00 am

Similar pattern to the game as others, started a bit slow but got a lot stronger particularly in the second half
Wealdstone started well but when we had a couple of chances in the first half we took them, something that has cost us so far. Excellent from Ayunga to chase down the keeper and Drury following up for the 2nd is always good to see. Once we took the lead we just grew more and more through the rest of the game and there was only going to be 1 winner. Big save at 1-1 but Worner was relatively untroubled afterwards. All round good performance and a big win
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Postby PO6_Hawk » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am

Excellent performance from every single person. But special praise to Ross Worner for keeping the game alive.

The improvement since Andy Drury's return has been phenomenal, lets hope the injuries are clearing up and staying away!

Only blot was a nasty tackle from Alfie. It seemed very unnecessary and at the late stage in the game too. Was very lucky not to walk for that and hope the Wealdstone player isn't too bad.
PO6_Hawk

Postby hawks4ever » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:01 am

Iggy1974 wrote:Birmingham City fan in peace:

I went to your game against Wealdstone as a neutral, 'cos we were in town prior to a London gig and we wanted to keep out of the pub for a couple of hours.

What a set of lunatic fans! 40 of you as a guess and I don't think I've ever seen such an abrasive punk rock attitude - singing original songs throughout the entire game (and loved the Bowie one). Awesome away support

As well as a thoroughly disciplined away performance, what stood out was, I stood at the half way line and loved your manager and chief coach - up and at 'em in a massively old school way. Incredibly abusive.

I will be looking out for your results from now on and seriously hope you get promoted.

I'd love you to be twinned with Blues in some way. What I saw on Saturday would be significant empathy with our crazy fans. Top of the Arrests League for 5 years running. I shall be looking out for your results from now on.

KRO
Iggy
:D :lol: :crazy: always welcome
hawks4ever

Postby baz » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:05 am

Brilliant win. Alfie doesn't shirk from getting 'stuck in' and thats part of his strength, nothing wrong with that, but I do think he treads a fine line at times, but he's young and still learning and certainly wouldn't want to see that aggression disappear from his game. Maybe just needs to control it a bit better at times.

COYH
baz

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:38 am

a genuine all round excellent team performance. Ross Worner kept us in it at 1 all and from that moment onward i didn't feel the game was in any danger.

Wealdstone came out of the traps flying as expected of a team who had won 10 on the bounce, scored early and looked a decent team. Jonah chasing a lost cause got us back in it and probably from our first real shot on target Drury put us 2 1 up. The second half we could have scored 5 more, it was the best performance of the season eclipsing the Dorking win.
Pompeyred

Postby Harry the hawk » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Iggy1974 wrote:Birmingham City fan in peace:

KRO
Iggy
Iggy Thanks for the post, alway's welcome anytime. I'm sure we can twin the Hawks with the Blue's
Let's Go For A Little Walk
Harry the hawk

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge