Dorking home

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Dorking home

Postby Allen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:34 am

From start to finish as well as I’ve ever seen us play.

Well happy
Portsmouth Senior Cup Winners 2015 & 2017; Runners-Up 2016
Allen

Re: Dorking home

Postby ade » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:12 am

exactly my comments leaving the ground, al :thumbup: :wave:

I know it's hot off the press but can't remember a better, all round hawks performance :P

top marks to the main man for changing things slightly....

if anyone's interested i'm arranging a collection Saturday to purchase dorking a new ass....
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby SammyHawk » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:48 am

Absolutely loved that match. Dos promised football that would leave us entertained and it certainly was that. We were absolutely clinical and our passing was sublime. Dorking didn’t have an answer to our constant onslaught and it was great seeing every player chase and largely win back the ball, showing the hunger to win. Goal difference could prove very important further down the line so a big score here and there will be very welcome. The big test will come Saturday against what will be a decent Chelmsford side, but so far we have delivered a good points return.

Fantastic attendance for a Wednesday night reiterates the great behind the scenes work Dos is driving and no reason why Saturday won’t be 1,500+. I’m not sure if it’s just me but I’m sure the food has improved as thought it tasted much better than previous seasons. Only thing missing for me was sweet chilli sauce for my burger. No biggy. Finally, I thought it was tough to call a man of the match out but I was wowed by Deacs attack’s and crossing so he edged it for me.

We go again Saturday. COYH!!!!!
SammyHawk

Postby baz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 am

I cant remember a better all round team performance than I witnessed last night. Simply Superb. Cant add anything to what's been said already. Players and Management deserve full credit, we certainly have entered a new era of exciting football. Roll on Saturday!

COYH
baz

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Wow!

Our passing was simply sublime, one touch, movement, close control, skill and endeavour. What a pleasure it was. I was initially worried when I saw the team with only 2 natural defenders, shows what I know! :) I do know it is impossible to select a MOTM.

I wonder what messers Bradbury and Gale thought who were watching on?
Pompeyred

Postby Hillbees1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Have to agree with all of the above comments. I have not seen a better all round performance from a Hawks team. I could hardly believe what I was watching! There was no let up in intensity, and the closing down of their defenders was exceptional. Make no mistake Dorking have a very good side, who were made to look ordinary as a result of our incessant pressure. I know it is early days, but the signs are good with that level of performance.
Hillbees1

Postby montyles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Outstanding performance, my hands hurt by :clap: :clap: :clap: so much. Each goal seemed better than the one before. Very difficult to give a MOM, but I thought Josh and Andy were outstanding in midfield, and Simon Walton marshaled the back line superbly. Must keep the work rate top notch again on Saturday, it makes all the difference chasing down and hustling, as seen last night it leads to goals. Really looking forward to Saturday COYH.
montyles

Return to Hawk Lounge