like a bit of hampton?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

like a bit of hampton?

Postby ade » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

not going saturday but looking forward to seeing loadsa migrating hawks for a short tickle up the a3 :P :P
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: like a bit of hampton?

Postby Pompeyred » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:56 am

we are driving up tonight, thinking of going Saturday too, its either that or a kids party so i guess ive no choice! :thumbup:
Pompeyred

Postby SeniorService » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:24 am

Pick you up at Traf Gate shipmate

COYHs
SeniorService

Postby SeniorService » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:01 am

What an evening!!

First off, I hope our fellow HAWK who was taken ill at half time is ok. Great reactions from everyone to get him looked after.

I already had a smile on my face prior to the kick off, when myself and PompeyRed went for a bimble and bumbed into Bairdy and Dos coming out of the local chippy!!!

One nil up to 3-1 down, with us being our own worse enemy and gifting Borough there three goals. It could of easily been 4 or 5 one to the hosts with them having decent chances with shots just scraping wide.

Give Dosser credit he changed things with a double substitution and it revitalised us. Wes came alive and with his well took goal (our Second) we found belief and approx fifteen minutes later us HAWKS behind the goal were going mental.

Special praise to Wes for his determination to stop the ball going out of play to then set up Jonnah for our winner. (who took his goal superbly)

Last night had a bit of everything emotions wise.

First win on the board and hopefully some momentum built for Dartford and beyond with our defensive mishaps purged out of the system.

Again all really pales into insignificance when you see another taken ill like that. Hope your on the mend mate.

COYHs
SeniorService

Postby baz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:59 am

Firstly and most importantly i hope the Hawks fan that was taken ill at HT has now recovered and back at home with his family.

Up to the 70th minute it was a rag bag performance littered with errors especially in defence where at times we looked at sixes and sevens. Having scored the early goal I thought that would give us the confidence to push on with a strong performance, how wrong was I. It looked to me in the first half as if we were trying to play a high line, which is a risky strategy against pacy forwards so the communication between the back 4 and including the goalkeeper needs to be spot on and we're not getting that right.

Apart from conceding another sloppy goal at the restart It looked as if were defending a bit deeper and more compact and whilst there were still scares we did look a bit more solid to me. Wes's brilliant goal was the game changer. Visibly it gave us a lift and deflated Hampton who were desperate to maintain there 2 goal lead. I agree with the above poster that Bradley and Ollie gave us those extra legs that we needed and Bradley provided a great cross for Jonah to thunder home that header and Ollie is a busy little player that done well and was unlucky at one point not to add his name to the scoresheet.

Positive side is obviously the welcome 3 points and the wake up call that we need to be on our game for 90 minutes not the 15 or so last night.

COYH
baz

Postby lammy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Pretty much already posted, but there were certainly more questions raised than Saturday.
If you weren't there you won't believe how terrible the first 2 goals we conceded were :o That has to stop now!
Dos rightly praised the impact Brad had on the game but i think Ollie Dennett also added enthusiasm and enabled us to get a much better balance. I know Roarie has two goals but i don't see him as a striker.
For all the questions raised it was a bloody exciting evening. :thumbup:
lammy

Return to Hawk Lounge