hawks/ pompey!

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

hawks/ pompey!

Postby ade » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:22 pm

amazing that i'm sitting here thinking against a good league 1 side 'we really should have nicked a draw' :geek:

have a look at andy's, from the hawks fans twitter, photo site www.hawksfc.photos :thumbup:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: hawks/ pompey!

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:53 am

wow. i know its pre season and i know Pompey were probably only at 85% but we more than gave them a game. impressed by pretty much everyone with a definite game plan to pass the ball not hoof it around. interesting the pitch has been significantly narrowed which ties in with the new formation

their penalty was a tadge harsh but Beckwith was slightly on the wrong side of him and did put his hand on the lads shoulder, he didn't need any invitation to fall over though and the second was largely down to tiring legs and minds maybe. i see jackett was moaning about a foul to win the ball for our goal but i thought it was a good tackle, Chris Paul showed some composure and roarie finished nicely, a shame wes couldn't repeat it 15 minutes later

the Pompey fans stood near me were really impressed with us, they really liked Jonah up front
Pompeyred

Postby baz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:49 am

Also it was encouraging to see Alfie taking part in the warm-up :thumbup:
baz

Postby Andy S » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Alfie had an operation this morning.
Andy S

Return to Hawk Lounge