2019 Friendlies

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

2019 Friendlies

Postby Pompeyred » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Thought it might be a good idea to have one thread

2 teams at alresford today for each half, it was for the main part well contested and not just a stroll around. The 2 injuries are obviously a headline, both Danny Kedwell and Alfie Rutherford suffered similar knee injuries.

2 outfield trialists impressed me, think one was called cook at centre defence, ayunga finished both his chances well, also Andy Drury did well as a deep sitting midfielder
Pompeyred

Re: 2019 Friendlies

Postby baz » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:40 am

Great to see the new look Hawks perform in the picturesque country town of Alresford and very relaxing watching the footie from the balcony of the clubhouse with no pressure attached. Pitch looked as if it hadn't seen water for days which made it challenging, but I thought it was a decent workout for the squad to blow a few cobwebs away. The two youngsters at the back Benny Reed and Joe Cook both impressed and didn't look out of place amongst their more experienced colleagues, Drury looked class, every pass inch perfect and Jonah given a bit of time and space looks lethal.

As mentioned, downside was the injuries to Danny K and Alfie, Danny's looks particularly nasty and judging by Alfie's reaction, his may not be too clever either. Hopefully, both will recover in time for when the serious business starts.

Bognor is always a decent away game on a good pitch and I'm sure we'll get another good following of Hawks fans on Tuesday night.

COYH
baz

Postby Andy S » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:39 am

For what it’s worth Danny wasn’t on crutches when he left the ground but Alfie was. Ross Worner seemed in some discomfort as he limped off at the end and Nicky Bailey had a fairly big graze on his calf.
Apart from the walking wounded it was a lovely day out in a beautiful setting.
Andy S

Postby ade » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:25 pm

been lucky enough to have seen 5 out of 6 of our friendlies....

good times and some great footie action. an amazing vibe and energy about everything :P

not wishing time away but badly looking forward to saturday :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby baz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:14 am

I've missed the Sutton & Winchester games but I've really liked what I've seen so far, we looked competitive against a pretty much 1st XI Eastleigh on Saturday which bodes well for the season ahead. Welling will be a hard test for starters and we will probably need all the experience we have in the side to get the first 3 points on the board, having said that, the younger members in the team Benny & Jonah continue to impress.

Think the team that started on Saturday will be unchanged for Welling. Can't wait

COYH
baz

Postby Pompeyred » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:13 pm

the squad should be rightly full of confidence, Saturday v eastleigh was a good performance against a strong side.

Welling will be no pushovers and the south has some good teams it seems this year but as long as we can avoid injuries and suspensions we will do more than alright.
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge