Sam Magri, Danny Kedwell & Andy Drury

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Sam Magri, Danny Kedwell & Andy Drury

Postby King of Spades » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Have all joined from Ebbsfleet

3 more top quality signings, starting to feel our usual early position as favourites may be justified this time!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Re: Sam Magri, Danny Kedwell & Andy Drury

Postby RAY HARRIS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Out the 3 only Magri is any good, Drury is absolute waste of space & Kedwells well past his best, shame Doswell didn't dig deeper and sign Ashmore ! Up the Fleet ! :thumbup:
RAY HARRIS

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Theres just no pleasing some is there. We've signed a mix of youth and experience. We've got some quality players that all made useful contributions in their own teams last season in a higher division. Kedwell played most of season in a team that finished way above us! We had much younger players and didn't manage higher than 3rd bottom. Some of the older ones might not play every game but they'll have an impact on the squad i'm sure. We've got a fantastic squad being assembled and i would argue one of the most experienced and exciting teams we've ever had at WLP. I have a feeling its going to be a great season and think we'll be Champions once again, and have a squad that'll at least have a chance of staying up in NL.
CyprusHawk

Postby martin » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:30 pm

To be fair, Rays comment isn't a complaint as such. He is obviously an Ebbsfleet fan...so his post is more of a warning, really.

How players perform at new clubs is often pretty unpredictable really though. How often, over the years, have we bought a top player who just didn't really do it for us as expected.
So, on that basis alone, the drury's out on all 3 for me until the season gets underway properly!
martin

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am

RAY HARRIS wrote:Out the 3 only Magri is any good, Drury is absolute waste of space & Kedwells well past his best, shame Doswell didn't dig deeper and sign Ashmore ! Up the Fleet ! :thumbup:

Ha ha you don't need Ashmore when you've already got Ross Worner. But maybe you just need him off your books - seems to be quite the clearout at the Fleet over the summer!
ShatnersBassoon

Postby PO6_Hawk » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:25 am

I think it's clear the likes of Kedwell, Bailey, Beckwith & Walton - whilst undoubtedly still good enough to play at this level - have been brought in for experience and to assist the younger players in the squad.
I don't see these 4 players contributing 90 minutes week in week out, but having any 2 of them in the starting 11 each week will be a huge benefit and something that was definitely lacking last season.

Lets not forget that the signings from Sutton & Ebbsfleet have seen those players plying their trade in the national league over the past years, a league which is a huge step up from the Conference South as we all experienced last year.

'On paper' this is a hugely talented squad with the potential to challenge for promotion. I for one am immensely looking forward to the season starting!
PO6_Hawk

Return to Hawk Lounge