Who's renewing season tickets ?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Who's renewing season tickets ?

Postby Oldie » Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 pm

I hear there are a lot of hawks who are not renewing season tickets.
Because Ian Baird is back. !!!!!
And especially how he previously treated the club.
When home back in the country.
I wish to watch a few games, but not hoofball.
If the way Sutton played is anything to go by.
The Messiah had the smallest squad and budget in the Conference last season and also being part time.
Who's funding it now ?
Where's the money come from ?
Oldie

Re: Who's renewing season tickets ?

Postby Amber SUFC » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 am

And who will be buying a season ticket for the first time!
Amber SUFC

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu May 23, 2019 11:15 am

I've renewed and am very much looking forward to the new season with fresh faces.

A fair bit of time has passed since the Baird 'incident' and as long as everyone is committed to the Hawks and gives 100% then that is good enough for me. The club has seemingly moved on and stepped up since then.
I'm sure I remember someone applying for new challenges at both Hartlepool and West Brom last season, only difference being he didn't walk but also didn't pick up any points afterwards!

If Mr Doswell wants to financially contribute then that's his choice and will only result in an improved squad and infrastructure. The board announced they were looking for financial backing at the end of last season so should come as no surprise.
PO6_Hawk

Postby baz » Thu May 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Well said PO6 :clap:
baz

Postby Oldie » Thu May 23, 2019 12:30 pm

PO 6 lol really, applied for the WBA job. Couldn't see that happening.
Tbh regarding Hartlepool.
I believe they made the 1st approach to the Chairman and he gave permission for them to talk to the messiah.
Who allows that ?
So who'd blame him.
Then realised he could demand stupid money.
So I didnt happen.

Anyway 200 season tickets sold.
Oldie

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu May 23, 2019 12:52 pm

I
Last edited by PO6_Hawk on Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PO6_Hawk

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Oldie wrote:PO 6 lol really, applied for the WBA job. Couldn't see that happening.

It was a job within the WBA academy, however when Darren Moore lost his job the opportunity also went.
I believe Lee and Darren Moore remained close friends since playing together at Pompey. In fact I think the Hawks used their training facilities during a midlands away game last season?

Oldie wrote:Tbh regarding Hartlepool.
I believe they made the 1st approach to the Chairman and he gave permission for them to talk to the messiah.
Who allows that ?
So who'd blame him.

I don't blame him, as per my post regarding Bairdy there are times when people want to further their career or better themselves. In football management if a job becomes available at a higher level or with better resources then you will ultimately go for it. Granted some people handle it better than others. But remember Bairdy is not coming back as manager, Paul Doswell is leading the Hawks and as such I feel he can appoint whoever he likes in his backroom team.
PO6_Hawk

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu May 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Yes Lee in March was leaving for WBA Academy Director role i think, but then Moore lost his job and so the offer was withdrawn. He has since moved on to the dizzy heights of Eastbourne. I suppose he'd have been perhaps waiting a while otherwise. Still it'll be good rivalry, but i think we've got the better deal. As for Bairdy coming back, no worries, its over 10 years ago now and he's been pretty loyal to Eastleigh then Sutton since. He and Doswell for the last 5 years together have brought a lot of success to Sutton and i'd like to see that replicated. I keep hearing from Sutton fans that Doswell's approach is exactly how it was when he started there so if we can enjoy the same level of success he's had at both Sutton and Eastleigh we're onto a winner i think. He knows this level inside out and has already brought in some very good players that some of where expected to re-sign for Sutton United. Roarie Deacon has not dropped a division because we are brilliant, its because of Doswell - afterall he's played in Scottish Premiership. I can't wait to get the season started and will be back in the country in 8th August, so hopefully there will be a couple of home games i can watch before i return on 25th.
CyprusHawk

Postby friartuck » Thu May 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Oldie wrote:I hear there are a lot of hawks who are not renewing season tickets.
Because Ian Baird is back. !!!!!
And especially how he previously treated the club.
When home back in the country.
I wish to watch a few games, but not hoofball.
If the way Sutton played is anything to go by.
The Messiah had the smallest squad and budget in the Conference last season and also being part time.
Who's funding it now ?
Where's the money come from ?

Clearly an ex disgruntled person :roll:
friartuck

Postby hamsterhead » Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 pm

Piss off to Gosport with your one man tinpot protest, and let us get on with supporting our rejuvenated club.
If it has tits or wheels, it will be trouble.
hamsterhead

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge