Roarie Deacon

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Roarie Deacon

Postby teebag » Fri May 17, 2019 4:03 pm

has put pen to paper and signed for us :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
teebag

Re: Roarie Deacon

Postby lammy » Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Another WOW signing. Regular in Scottish Premier before his injury.
We are building something special here :thumbup:
lammy

Postby Andy S » Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Wow indeed, Chris. I think a lot of people thought Roarie would leave Sutton Utd to move higher up, not down. But that’s obviously the Dos effect. Lots of players at all levels like to play for certain managers. Fabulous news to add to the three standout signings so far this summer in Anthony Straker (class), Jonah (quality) and some kid called Alfie.
So that’s nine confirmed so far, if you include Bradley who is unlikely to be tearing around like a whippet come July.
I do worry though that someone could still come in and take Alfie if they agree our asking price.
I don’t know if Ben, Hassan or Chris Paul were mentioned at the forum the other night? Confirmation of their departures would be nice. Ben’s a tremendous bloke and keeper and I won’t be the only one disappointed to see him go. And we should have thanked our late-season loanees, particularly Jack James and Danny McNamara.
Andy S

Postby teebag » Fri May 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Ben has left to peruse league football. Chris Paul doesn’t want to stay and no Hassan
teebag

Postby Andy S » Fri May 17, 2019 7:39 pm

Cheers Tee. Thought as much. Chris was added to the list of the departed in The News the other day but no official confirmation. Good luck to everyone who gave their all for us, especially Ben who I thought was sold down the river a bit when Ryan (legend) decided to leave.
Andy S

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Mon May 20, 2019 1:04 pm

You have a quality player in Roarie. On his day, totally unplayable, and superbly two footed too. You've probably got someone who will turn 5 draws into wins off the bat. But also be aware he is a big game player. He will be superb against Aldershot or Dartford next season, but if you get Hungerford or Concord away on a Tuesday night, you'll hardly notice him.

Still way too good for that division (as is Ross Worner) and although there has been a lot of guff about "he's just following the money", I don't buy that. If that was the case he'd be at Billericay. He's playing for you simply because he loves Doswell and vice versa. I expect a couple more from Sutton for the same reason to pop up at Westleigh Park
ShatnersBassoon

Return to Hawk Lounge