3G pitch

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: 3G pitch

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Thu May 16, 2019 1:15 pm

ade wrote:Hi shats, it's just that paul told this story of your play off game against the horrible wood and the ramifications had you won :o

Yeah it was a cloud hanging over Sutton all season, but then Doswell's record in play-offs isn't the best (2 draws and 5 defeats in 7 games). There was a plan in place for the 3G in case the unexpected happened and the same would apply if Havant got one.

Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to play the horrible wood this season, and probably not next season when you go up and they go down! :thumbup:
ShatnersBassoon

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Think a 3G pitch/4G pitch great idea, given the amount of revenue we can lose from winter weather, postponing a saturday match and replaying it tuesday doesn't help anyone.gates as a result can reduce significantly. it will also help the community, bring in more revenue and put us on the map. also many teams who have converted to artificial pitches have gone on to promotion. If we are in the future having to rip it up because we've been promoted to Football League, then its the choice of becoming a league club or not and most teams who are promoted to the FL find life often easier than in National League. You only have to look at Burton Albion, Forest Green, Newport, Lincoln City, Doncasters etc etc.....so my view is lets get a 3G pitch it will be a great investment for Havant and makes complete business sense, it seems like this is another step forward with our professionalism. PD has done the same model at Sutton and it worked - he was in NL Play offs last season. They have done nothing short of brilliance competing with the Leytons, Wreshams, Chesterfields, Halifax Towns, Dagenhams, and soon to be Notts County and Torquays as well as Yeovil Town who've been to Championship from their non league background.
CyprusHawk

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Would a 3G pitch need to be completely level? Or could it be on a slight incline?
Would this impact the current terracing/stands if needed to be leveled?
PO6_Hawk

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Thu May 16, 2019 2:15 pm

PO6_Hawk wrote:Would a 3G pitch need to be completely level? Or could it be on a slight incline?
Would this impact the current terracing/stands if needed to be leveled?

I think there are certain tolerances that 3G fits on, but the installation will level the pitch more than now. All that will mean is that one terrace will end up being slightly higher above the pitch than currently (which isn't a bad thing really). Not as much as you currently see at Welling or Hemel, but the levelling will be made to fit the current infrastructure of the ground, not the other way round
ShatnersBassoon

Postby Oldie » Thu May 23, 2019 12:07 am

Really 3G.
Oldie

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 am

I was going to say, isn't there 4G nowadays? This would be better option. Who's running the betting then that we will have a plastic pitch in time for the 2020/21 season beginning, as well as a positive promotion to National League? COYH!
CyprusHawk

Postby Amber SUFC » Thu May 23, 2019 10:21 am

CyprusHawk wrote:I was going to say, isn't there 4G nowadays? This would be better option. Who's running the betting then that we will have a plastic pitch in time for the 2020/21 season beginning, as well as a positive promotion to National League? COYH!

No still 3G

You can only find 4G on your mobile!
Last edited by Amber SUFC on Thu May 23, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber SUFC

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Thu May 23, 2019 10:23 am

CyprusHawk wrote:I was going to say, isn't there 4G nowadays? This would be better option. Who's running the betting then that we will have a plastic pitch in time for the 2020/21 season beginning, as well as a positive promotion to National League? COYH!

4G (and 5/6G) have yet to receive any accreditation by the FA (or any sporting governing body) so it's 3G at the moment and 4G itself is a bit of a myth (it's supposed to be as good as 3G without the rubber crumb shock absorb factor, but usually it's more akin to the QPR pitch of the 80s, which no one wants!)

But who knows what will appear on the market in the next 3 years, but expect the FA not be an early adopter
ShatnersBassoon

Postby PO6_Hawk » Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 am

I suppose the 3G pitch all hinges on how long Dos is looking to stay around for.
Can't see him stumping up the money for it only to honour his 3 year contract and walk away.
A commitment in a 3G pitch is most likely a commitment to his long term future at the club.
I'm sure both the club and the manager will want at least a season to assess things before any progress is made with this.
PO6_Hawk

Previous

Return to Hawk Lounge