4 signings on Tuesday

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

4 signings on Tuesday

Postby King of Spades » Sat May 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Presumably lining up with the forum we will have the next 4 new signings revealed on Tuesday
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Re: 4 signings on Tuesday

Postby CyprusHawk » Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Exciting stuff, any thoughts who the 4 will be? We'll need more than 4 though if we're going to compete for the title next season haha. So for now, i guess it'll be the ex-Sutton United players who've been released. Players Paul Doswell feels can do a job a division lower to help us become Champions next season. So who will they be? We need a whole defence, some midfield and some forwards. I see Dave Tarpey wants part time football rather than full time, so 3 mornings a week might suit him? Though he may stay local of course. He'd be a great acquisition.

I suspect the 4 will be:
ROSS WORNER
ASWAD THOMAS
NICK BAILEY
BRETT WILLIAMS
CyprusHawk

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Mon May 13, 2019 10:06 am

I think you've got a good shout on 3 of those, but I think Nicky could be retiring and lives in Putney so the travel will probably be a little too much for him. I expect that Ayunga will join you instead. Doswell is a big fan of him
ShatnersBassoon

Postby CyprusHawk » Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am

I'd take Ayunga but he's been put on transfer list, so Sutton would want a fee i presume.... but would be happy with Ross Worner, Aswad Thomas, Brett Williams and Jonah Ayunga (afterall he was liked when we briefly had him on loan this season) along with Dean Beckwith would be a great start - obviously we'd need more players than that to mount a promotion push. I'd love to get Dave Tarpey, but we have Alfie Rutherford, Matt Paterson, and if we got Brett Williams and Ayunga we probably wouldn't need another forward..
CyprusHawk

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Mon May 13, 2019 11:52 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the fee bit. I think you can be sure that Doswell and Matt Gray will strike some deal between them, being best buddies. You certainly saw the best of Ayunga down there but he's a confidence player, when things don't go his way he goes missing. You could also get Josh Taylor and James Dobson. The latter is brilliant with a dead ball, but does lose possession easily. Taylor played his first game for Sutton 2 years back in a friendly at your place. Obviously very talented but you'll be lucky to get more than 10min of decent play out of him per game. Made England C, but floundered at Sutton, and went on loan to Maidstone and floundered even more. I'd say he's the outside bet out of all of them.
ShatnersBassoon

Postby Probably Shirts » Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 am

I heard a rumour it could be as many as six new signings today. I see Eastleigh have released at least four players yesterday.
Probably Shirts

Return to Hawk Lounge