New commercial manager

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

New commercial manager

Postby happyinspain » Thu May 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Can I politely inquire what a ‘commercial manager ‘ is? I note he has a three year contract, to do what? Source a new lawnmower or negotiate a better beer or wine contract? As far as I’m aware we’ve never had one before, is this a new position demanded by the increase in social media? I’m intrigued.
happyinspain

Re: New commercial manager

Postby montyles » Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Is Adi Aymes still at the club, wasn't he on the commercial side.
montyles

Postby happyinspain » Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Yes of course Adi is all our sponsorship, hospitality etc etc, and as always a huge part of the HAWKS, which is why we have to ask the question?
happyinspain

Postby montyles » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Glad he is still there, I like Adi, very approachable guy.
montyles

Postby ShatnersBassoon » Fri May 10, 2019 11:13 am

No this is a position demanded by Doswell as part of his new approach. What your club PR hasn't explained is that it's doubtful that Jeremy will be full time as Havant is one of his "portfolio" of clubs (he works on a similar level with Crawley, Dartford and of course Sutton). You can find out more here https://abbottsgroup.co.uk/ , but if you are under the impression that he is full time and an exclusive Hawks employee, then sorry to have to correct you.
ShatnersBassoon

Postby Pompeyred » Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 am

ShatnersBassoon wrote:No this is a position demanded by Doswell as part of his new approach. What your club PR hasn't explained is that it's doubtful that Jeremy will be full time as Havant is one of his "portfolio" of clubs (he works on a similar level with Crawley, Dartford and of course Sutton). You can find out more here https://abbottsgroup.co.uk/ , but if you are under the impression that he is full time and an exclusive Hawks employee, then sorry to have to correct you.

i was of the same opinion, it very much looks like we have outsourced the overall management of the commercial side to the company and they will use the concept to deliver commercial activities. i see very much a need for a day to day general manager role, someone who is present at the club and knows the club, a role that adi has been doing for quite a while now.
Pompeyred

Postby lammy » Fri May 10, 2019 1:33 pm

As you say we have a General Manager and the Club Website suggests that is still Adi.
However I think we can all agree that the Commercial side has been rather lacking over recent seasons - can't remember when there was last a match sponsor?
It probably wouldn't need to be a full time role but needs some initial significant efforts to get it off the ground and running. It sounds to me that the introduction of Abbottsgroup is ideal. Has worked with Doswell in the past and understands football and what is possible on the commercial side. Two or three months to build and then can be run alongside the other clubs.
All positive :thumbup:
lammy

Postby ade » Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 pm

happyinspain wrote:Can I politely inquire what a ‘commercial manager ‘ is? I note he has a three year contract, to do what? Source a new lawnmower or negotiate a better beer or wine contract? As far as I’m aware we’ve never had one before, is this a new position demanded by the increase in social media? I’m intrigued.

really doesn't suit you trying to be clever, matt....

why not just say what your problem is 8-)

spose at least your doing more updates than you did when you were in charge of our pathetic www...
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby happyinspain » Sat May 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi Ade, yes really well, thanks for asking.

Anyway.....glad your there to answer everything as always, so........as per my question what is his position as commercial manager? What does he do? I’m sure as your dying to tell us all, nothing clever at all.......

WHAT IS HIS JOB? WHAT DOES HE BRING TO THE CLUB?
happyinspain

Postby ade » Sun May 12, 2019 9:56 am

morning matt :wave:

I've got no answers and have never claimed to :crazy:

why not come along tuesday evening and ask the gentlemen that appointed him :?: :idea:

or get there before 6 and ask the man himself :o
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge