So a new signing at 4pm, exciting! I wonder who it'll be!?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

So a new signing at 4pm, exciting! I wonder who it'll be!?

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 pm

It could be anyone, but we need defenders, midifielders and strikers!! I guess we don't currently need a GK as we have Ben Dudzinski. So i take it the rest of the squad are staying? Signed on? Any more leaving? So have we signed? My money is given its quick, so it's got to be an ex Sutton player - which would mean one of Taylor, Beckwith, Bailey or Williams. However, i woudn't rule out a move for Dave Tarpey released recently from Barnet along with ex Sutton striker Byron Harrison (also ex Hawk). If i'm honest, i'd take all those players! So would be happy with any of them for starters.
CyprusHawk

Re: So a new signing at 4pm, exciting! I wonder who it'll be

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue May 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Dave Tarpey has stated he is returning to 'part time' football, so not sure if the morning midweek training would suit him in that respect. Otherwise I'd love to see him in a Hawks shirt, but would suspect he will return to Maidenhead where we was prolific for them.

Haven't heard anything regarding the retained players yet, but seen Alfie is on the pre season poster/s so assuming he is staying (good!). Hopefully the same goes for A Robinson, Tarbuck, Ben & Wes. Possibly even Pato seeing as there were no 'updates' on these players from the official site.

Beckwith and Bailey from Sutton would be a nice start for incoming players though.
PO6_Hawk

Postby Pompeyred » Tue May 07, 2019 2:56 pm

add Andreas Robinson to the list of leavers.
Pompeyred

Postby PO6_Hawk » Tue May 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Really sad to see Andreas leave. A cracking young player who was improving game on game until suspension/injury.
Seems his University course prevented him from committing to training.

Only Alfie and Tarbuck mentioned as being retained in the latest interview...
PO6_Hawk

Postby jubileepark » Tue May 07, 2019 4:01 pm

I think it'll be Dean Beckwith...
jubileepark

Postby Amber SUFC » Tue May 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Dos likes to sign players he has worked with in the past. Dean Beckwith, Aswad Thomas and Ross Worner would be the favourites.
Amber SUFC

Postby Adam » Tue May 07, 2019 4:08 pm

jubileepark wrote:I think it'll be Dean Beckwith...

Lottery numbers as well please ;)
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue May 07, 2019 4:22 pm

I did think it'd be Dean Beckwith, just quite old and given we have had an injured Paul Robinson all year wondered if we might refrain, but he's a decent player. Was loaned out i think to Maidstone last season and Dos knows him well. He's a central defender as well so thats the first piece of the jigsaw placed, real shame about Andreas, a quality player that has really settled in well. I'm most disappointed about him and Rory leaving. Delighted Alfie has committed though. Welcome Dean.
CyprusHawk

Return to Hawk Lounge