AGM Cup

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

AGM Cup

Postby baz » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Whilst we will endeavour to the end to creep out of the bottom 4, (impossible IMO) there is a flicker that the AGM Cup could come to our rescue in the fact that Gateshead and now Ebbsfleet are enduring financial problems. Whilst I think Ebbsfleet will sort things out, I'm not so sure about Gateshead as their new found saviour has pulled out leaving them in the poo! They are even advertising for volunteers to wash the kits!!!!!

Important to keep going and finish in the first relegation place to stand any chance. Might never happen and not a way I would wish to benefit, but if some clubs are cheating by spending money they don't have then who am I to complain!

COYH
baz

Re: AGM Cup

Postby ade » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:00 pm

100% baz :!: :!:

don't want ANY club to go under, but if they do OF COURSE i want us to be saved :roll: :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Notts county and Macclesfield both have financial problems, so if one of those finished in the bottom two of league two, that too may offer us a lifeline if they went bust.

However I don't know what the rule for that situation would be I am only surmising it could help.
kevin

Postby Brocky » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:20 am

Goings on in the EFL won't assist us as if anyone goes bust they will only relegate one club.

Someone at our level would have to go bust to save the 4th bottom club.

But this won't affect us as we are avoiding the drop anyway. Keep the faith until its impossible!
Brocky

Postby King of Spades » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Would that not still leave the National League short 1 though? Only relegating 1 from League 2 means 1 in and 2 out
If someone like Coventry is just voted out of the league they would likely join the National and that would fill it fine, but if someone went bust the gap they left would still filter down would it not?

Either way just got to get everything we can from the last 5 to at the very least end our first National League on a positive, hopefully having learned a lot about the league and what is needed to step up When we definitely 100% win the National South again next year if we are in it!
The lessons learnt from the FA Cup run still live on... Westleigh Park has better paper towel dispensers than Anfield!!

KOS visited grounds - http://www.footballgroundmap.com/king-of-spades
King of Spades

Return to Hawk Lounge