Bugger

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Bugger

Postby Adam » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:18 am

Well, that set of results was a kick in the pants right? Battled well I suppose, but given the amount of possession we conceded, no surprise that we kept inviting pressure - we seemed to really struggle to keep hold of the ball at all. Shame we couldn't get Fogden, Lewis and Paul more involved with the ball on the deck against their big units. I guess the half-term substitution was to help us with the expected aerial barrage but it didn't feel like it helped, with Rose & Struggs both seeming to struggle with the high stuff in the wind.

Well deserved MoM for Carts - great battling shift, particularly aerially against their 30. Honourable mention in dispatches (not that it needs saying any more) for Cordner - what a quality signing he's been.

Not one for the neutral, and 5 points to make up now :cry:
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Re: Bugger

Postby FrankieS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Left furious at the final whistle, the officiating was simply awful.

That said thought Chesterfield commanded too much of the game. Substitution at half time was right, the wind was horrendous and the big lad was giving us problems. Alfie was manhandled and kicked all game, with no protection from the officials.

Alfie’s header followed by Pato’s perfect ball to Foggy we’re both excellent chances to win the game.

Didn’t see Struggs challenge so will wait for the highlights, but by the reaction of the team he got a touch on the ball ☹️

Got to keep going
FrankieS

Postby nath » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Yeah Struggs got his foot to the ball. The funny thing is the ref was looking across the field towards the 4th official when Williams went down and it looked like the lino's view was blocked too. Utterly bizarre day all round.
Results didn't go well, but its still in our hands.
And then darling, just for one day, yeah, we can fight and we can win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible
nath

Postby Adam » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Funny thing football. Looked a pen to me from behind the goal - Struggs had 2 or 3 goes at him without getting the ball.
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby Andy S » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:59 pm

It’s not in our own hands at all. But we still have a chance providing we can hold onto a few leads. Obviously we have to win the next two, starting at Maidenhead. I know it’s midweek but it’s not very far and it would be great to take a decent following.
Heard a rumour yesterday that another of our main players could be following JP to Dorking Wanderers. Tragic if true.
Andy S

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Very deflating yesterday. From the dugouts, it looked like a penalty but will need to see the video as I was quite a distance away.

Not sure I agree with the change at half time. Yes we were against the wind but we gave up Quigleys hold up play so the ball kept coming back.

As we have found out all season in this league, it's small margins. The penalty decision. Fogden missing his one on one.

Realistically I think we're going to have to hope Barnet really bottle their games in hand. I can see Dover picking up some unexpected points like they have done all season (away to Salford etc) and pulling away.

Onto Maidenhead anyway who could still be dragged back in the dogfight. Hopefully see lots of Hawkies there :thumbup:
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby Adam » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Andy S wrote:Heard a rumour yesterday that another of our main players could be following JP to Dorking Wanderers. Tragic if true.

Oh I hate these guessing games - least fun ever.
Adam

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Crooked rain crooked rain is a great album by a band called pavement
The Crooked spire aptly is a place in chesterfield
The crooked ref however was at WLP yesterday

Apart from being generally useless and a cockwomble he got the massive decisions wrong, firstly he should have sent their no. 3 off for a lunge with studs up at Wes, he didn’t even give a foul!! The no. 3 then wouldn’t have been on the pitch to be tackled by strugnell for their penalty, and then Paterson was taken out in their box, how both the ref and linesman, who had also been terrible by the way failed to see it I don’t know!! And breath.... :)

Generally we tried hard as we always do, we were tactically hampered by being normal size human beings compared to the giants they had, but it all matters not one not if you do not get the correct decisions being made by the man paid to do so. Tyler Cordner was fantastic and MOTM for me closely followed by mike carter, the tackle he made to get booked made me laugh, it was almost as if he thought well I haven’t even booked yet so il tackle this fella 5 minutes late! What a difference this season might have been with him all year
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge