Keep your top on

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Keep your top on

Postby 88aml » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:23 pm

So I’ve coming to Westleigh Park over 13 years now and today was the first time I’ve had to have my bottle top removed. There only seemed to be one steward enforcing this and even took the lid from a lad who was only 4/5 years. Is this a new policy the club have brought or was this just someone being a jobsworth? Hope this isn’t a regular thing as it takes away from the family friendly atmosphere I love about the Hawks. Still got to see 2 great goals even if it wasn’t the result we wanted. Felt the final ball lacked quality at times and gave the ball away a bit too cheaply at times but still battled hard and gave a full time league team a decent game.
88aml

Keep your top on

Postby ade » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:34 pm

probably a league reg over zealously enforced :?: :oops:

but rise above and don't let it spoil the hawks family friendly experience as we need you more than ever :!: :wave: :thumbup: :P
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: Keep your top on

Postby underthenewstand » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 pm

It will be head of security who also decided Dover should be segregated as well.
Talking about a group of people who cant even direct away fans to turnstiles when working outside the ground.
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Postby 88aml » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:06 pm

Cheers for the replies and no worries Ade i don’t think I’d ever stop following the Hawks. Like I said normally such a welcoming place. It was a steward I didn’t recognise and after I said well I brought the bottle here was told well they shouldn’t of. Which did annoy me a bit as I think all the food staff are lovely and always enjoy haing a chat and think they do so well considering how busy they get. If it’s club policy now that’s fair but it would be nice for some clarity or was it just one over enthusiastic steward?
88aml

Postby Scott » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:50 pm

The threat of bottle tops is across football with advice issued for any stadium risk assessment. Same thing at Brighton's the Amex where you cannot take a drink in over 500ml and it can't have a top on it. All drinks sold in the ground have to have tops removed.

There has obviously been a spate of injuries and deaths from people getting hit by plastic bottles with lids on. Football cannot go on with people dying after a bottle of fanta hits them in the temple. Be safe people, and remember, by removing your bottle top you probably save a life. :thumbup:
never get out of the boat, absolutely god damned right, unless you were going all the way...
Scott

Postby Hillbees1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:39 pm

I saw a steward from the main stand take the top off a bottle for a young lad. I assumed that the lad must be having trouble getting the top off, so good on the steward for spotting it and helping. Now I know differently, and good on the steward for removing it. The last thing we need is a plastic bottle top causing a serious injury. i hope one of the stewards did his duty and removed any bottle caps from the away supporters.
Hillbees1

Postby 88aml » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Yeah it was one of those lids that slides halfway the has like the sippy thing in. So there was no need to remove it. Mind he was 5 years old and a real menace. I’ve actually been hit by a bottle lid and you don’t feel it. Surely a bottle full of liquid flying through the air will do more damage? As it was a big game I can only assume he wasn’t a regular steward and was just a bit of a jobs worth. I’ve followed the Hawks home and away and never known the fans to cause trouble. The most wound up I’ve seen them is away to Team Bath and that idiot player gestures to the crowd and even then they didn’t do anything other then shout. The Hawks are a wonderful club but this kinda thing does take away slightly.
88aml

Postby ade » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:50 pm

we don't have to take our pants off, to have a good time, oh no :!: :!:

#awaydays #excited #rattler #stones #837fratton
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Michael » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 pm

I thought it was a straight yellow for taking a top off :wave:
Michael

Postby Hillbees1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:51 pm

I think the steward made it clear that a second offence of any kind would result in a second yellow, followed by the inevitable suspension. Hopefully this young lad has learned his lesson, and in future will not enter the ground with a top on. I wonder if the steward has come down yet from the giddy heights of the power he holds.
Hillbees1

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge