Leyton Orient thread

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Leyton Orient thread

Postby Andy S » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes, massive opposition and a class club with class and respectful fans who could quite easily bring over 1,000 as it’s no distance at all from London. But I don’t want to be reading all this week: It’s got a cup-tie feel about it and we start as massive underdogs. The manager has already said in the paper it’s a “free hit.” No, it’s one of only 11 games we’ve got left to right a few wrongs and stay in this league. Can’t wait. Everyone bring reinforcements and let’s all get behind those Hawkies.
Andy S

Re: Leyton Orient thread

Postby ade » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:19 pm

yep, if we could guarantee we'd win our 'target games' then fair enough. but thankfully footie action ain't like that :shh:

we have to get ANY point ANYTIME, ANYWHERE :evil:

we've got another clear week recovery time. quality training, then, let's be 'avin' you :!: :!: :twisted: :evil:

oh, and i don't do enough aways but pleased to say i've picked up me tix for the 0837hrs. rattler outta fratton for stones away :geek:

hopefully meet some london hawks at victoria :idea: :?: forgive wrong thread :oops:

#martini #sabrerattle
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby ade » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 pm

our ace squad put EVERYTHING in today, including a goal of the season....

couple of results went for us with a'shot, m'head and stones all losing....

yeah, we're 4 points adrift. but sometimes things get worse before they get better....

10 cup finals where we fight every fukker on the beaches.... ALL of us :!: :!: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby underthenewstand » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:50 pm

As a team it showed we have improved since we were played off the park up their in October.

Think Mike Carter needs to straight into the team next week as we are lacking someone to stick their foot in and try and win the ball for us.

Hopefully Alfies goal today means others will try and shoot a bit more from outside the box as its something we havent done enough of this season and when we have we have scored a couple of goals from it.

Didnt expect anything today but next 3 games we have to get 6-7 pts at least to keep the gap down.
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Postby Hillbees1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:57 pm

Very succintly put Ade, in your own inimitable style! Ten cup finals coming up so "let's get behind those Hawks." We went down fighting today, which is all you can ask for from a team.
Hillbees1

Postby baz » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:45 am

Despite our league position you cannot for one minute criticise the desire and commitment the lads are showing at the moment, we just lack that little bit of quality that can turn draws and narrow defeats into wins. We plugged away against a decent side and were unfortunate not to grab an equaliser in those last few minutes. Struggs is probably still reliving that chance just before the end when he blazed his shot over with the goal gaping.

Orient took the lead with a flukey goal in the first half, a hopeful lob from distance that ended up inch perfect in the far corner, we came out fighting in the second half and a brilliant volley from Alfie brought us level and then we give a sloppy goal away from a glanced header at the near post to clinch the 3 points for Orient which I'm not convinced they totally deserved.

Massive 3 games ahead of us now, which will be vital to our survival. Hoping Rory will be fit to take his place in the team again, we missed his pace down the left yesterday, Its going to be a roller coaster here on in, just pray that we do enough to last another season in this league.

COYH
baz

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:08 am

So very disappointed yesterday. I'm not sure many people expected anything from the game but to go level and then concede a second goal like that was a sucker punch. Unfortunately goals like that have been our downfall this season.

With that being said, I don't think Lleyton Orient were all that. My mate in the Orient end said their supporters were saying it was a bad performance from then.

Great goal by Alfie. How he or Robbo didn't make the England C squad I don't know.

Still. Massive games coming up including local ish away games. Be great to get big followings at these away games to see our boys over the line.

#COYH
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:08 pm

it’s a little unfair calling there goal lucky! We were beaten by a better team on the day but bloody hell we worked hard, showed some courage and matched them for periods of the game. If there were points awarded for this we would be fine however in all that it’s a defensive error that cost us not them actually out playing us.

The last minute probably sums up our season for me, how many times does the ball drop in the 6 yard box and somehow evades our players? Seems to happen twice at least every game!
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge