dover!

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

dover!

Postby ade » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:21 pm

just so proud of our hawkies tonight :!: :!:

bollox & backbone spring to mind....

down to 10 for an hour and matching a quality dover side and could've even nicked it :shock: :twisted:

#15cupfinals
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: dover!

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:37 am

heart, desire and sheer bloody hard work. Understandably it wasn’t a pretty game at all and even with 11 we were second best but what an effort the lads put in, it was like a training match defence v attack fir an hour and we might have even stolen it at the death, who puts a man on the post nowadays!

work harder than the opposition and you get rewarded
Pompeyred

Postby baz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:52 am

Felt like a win in the end. I never thought we could last an hour on the back foot with 10 men, but did it we did!

All the team deserve praise for their sheer determination but stand outs for me were Andy Robinson and Tyler Cordner. I hope we are able to extend Tyler's loan period beyond the end of January.

Why was there segregation yesterday? I know Dover fans can be moaning gits, but they've always seemed pretty harmless to me, maybe its a Kent thing after the spot of bother with Maidstone fans earlier this season. Perhaps someone at the club could enlighten us.

COYH
baz

Postby underthenewstand » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Great point with 10 men but i never felt we were under any real pressure from them and i felt we ended up having the best chances to win the game, Frost & Hassan certainly gave us more of a threat when they came on after Wes ran he socks off & just ran out of puff when he was taken off.
Pato looked like he took a knock early second half as well as his mobility looked limited.
Hope Bradders cam find that extra target man before we start our tough February of games.

With regards to the segregation im told it was a decision made by the head steward as he had heard they have been causing trouble at other games but how true that is i have no idea.
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Return to Hawk Lounge