barra!

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

barra!

Postby ade » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:09 pm

quality win against an inform very good barra side :thumbup: :clap:

2 points clear of the dreaded and we gained a goal on m'head and m'stone....

we will fight for every point and scrap for nat league survival on the beaches :geek:

fairplay to the barra that made a long trip on a cold sat in jan. i had a great day at theirs but that was shorted up to the max 8-)

sadly no barrow bootboys in full skin regalia or the mindless few whizzed off their titz :mrgreen:

see my hawkie chums tuesay eve :P :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: barra!

Postby martin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Yes, very important win- even more so given other results today.
First 30 minutes we struggled to get going and barrow seemed well on top but weren't able to turn their possession into any clear chances.
We then had decent spell for 15 minutes before half-time playing some nice football and creating several good opportunities.
Good reaction from theo to open the scoring, getting down to header home when barrow defence should have dealt with the ball across. We did good job of slowing the game down thereafter and our defence were looking more comfortable in the second half. There were several good performances at the back and Tyler deserved his man of the match nomination.
An off the ball incident led to them going down to 10 and shortly after Rory Williams made the points safe with a superb strike.

So it's on to 1, possibly 2, fa trophy games and whilst it would be great to still be in that competition by the time our next league game comes around, I wonder if avoiding yet more injury problems is even more important than progression to the 3rd round of the trophy.
martin

Re: barra!

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Really enjoyed the game, wheelbarrow had lots of possession in the first 30 mins without really hurting us all all, from then for the next 60 mins we really dominated. We should have gone in at the break 1 nil up maybe and the second half was all ours with a few minor exceptions

I like to see how we line up formation wise and the 442 worked ok in the first half giving us width but conceding control of the middle, the switch at half time was inspired, 352 in the second half we looked so comfortable, gave us an extra man in the middle, it needed a great diving header to break to deadlock however and then a great block on the line to keep it at one nil. Step forward Theo Lewis who had his best game in ages. a great strike from Rory with his swinging leg too to seal the win!

My joint MOTM were Tyler Cordner and Ryan Woodford at centre half, they dealt with everything thrown at them all day. was good to see Wes get an extended run, he might be ready to start soon but hopefully the injuries ease and it won’t be at right wing back! up front the lads worked hard, I thought Alfie looked tired and might need a rest soon

if we play like that we’ll be more than fine
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge