Eastleigh Part Deux

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Eastleigh Part Deux

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Thoughts on todays game? :think:

Upto when Eastleigh scored their first, it was a pretty turgid affair really. Great to see us get back to 1-1 with some good play outside the box and eventually finished off by Jelloh who looked a decent player when he came on. Fogden staying fit will be so important if we're to stay up.

As for their goal. Top bins. An absolute sucker punch as I thought we were in the ascendancy.

Good turnout today :thumbup:

Unfortunately that's 1 point picked up over the Xmas period when other teams have picked up more. 3 teams below us also have a game in hand. Needless to say, Saturday is an absolute must win. Barrow are doing well, but it's at home. We have to win. For me at this stage, a draw at home is no good.

COYH
Ed Harris' Pint

Re: Eastleigh Part Deux

Postby baz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:49 am

Thought the result was just about right. Eastleigh just possessed that extra bit of quality that we lack although we gave them a good game through no lack of effort. First half fairly forgettable apart from a great double save from Ben to keep us on level terms. Eastleigh's goal was always on the cards as we were hanging on following 4 or 5 corners in as many minutes at the start of the second half, the final one being converted from a free header.

Wes came on and gave us that extra energy that he gives us and it seemed to inspire the rest of the team to step up the pace and we enjoyed the best part of the game for 15-20 minutes. Bradley was played in behind the defence but failed to hit the target, frustrating as he often gets himself into good positions but fails with the end product. Jelloh was in the right place to poke home the equaliser after the keeper failed to hold on to a shot from Theo and a creditable draw looked more likely. Unfortunately I think we got a bit carried away after the equaliser and left ourselves badly short at the back for an Eastleigh counter and a fantastic finish from their guy.

But a much better performance from the Hawks than the dross we saw on Saturday against Bromley. Its gonna be very much touch and go whether we can survive, we're still 3 or 4 players short of the quality required IMO to confidently predict anything else, but lets wait and see what rabbits the manager can pull out of the bag in 2019.

COYH
baz

Postby BBB » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:02 pm

So for the purpose of discussion then; we are three or four short according to last post. Which 7 or 8 should be on the team sheet from now until end of season and where are the 3 or 4 new signings slotting in?
Got my views but interested in others, (I think that with less changes even over the busy period then we deffo need help in at least 3 places)
BBB

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 pm

BBB wrote:So for the purpose of discussion then; we are three or four short according to last post. Which 7 or 8 should be on the team sheet from now until end of season and where are the 3 or 4 new signings slotting in?
Got my views but interested in others, (I think that with less changes even over the busy period then we deffo need help in at least 3 places)

Defence. Possibly centre back. Even more so if Tyler goes back to Bournemouth. We have the second worst defensive record in the league.

Centre Mid to replace Stocky.

Striker. Kabamba is on a dry run, Rutherford is still young, inconsistent and Jelloh is unproven at this level. However, if Foggy is back at full fitness and ready to start then I'm assuming we'd go with one up front which may solve this issue.
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby Loud EFC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Good Evenin' Hawkys

Really enjoyed our 2 games over christmas.
Saw a few old faces which was great. Enjoyed the fact some of you, got in our bar. Hopefully the powers that be will look at the way the two sets of fans. Showed great respect towards each other. Both before and after.( During the game was another matter :lol: :lol: ) Will allow less segregation next time
Hopefully we will do it all again next season :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Loud EFC

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:33 pm

Not got much faith in your lot going up the EFC :)

Indeed with a fair wind we will see you next year, think we’ve all enjoyed the games
Pompeyred

Postby Loud EFC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Pompeyred wrote:Not got much faith in your lot going up the EFC :)

At the start of the season. With Stewart going north. I was happy finishing 5th from bottom. with you lot below us :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't believe we are top 10. Think we are gonna lose a couple in January.
Loud EFC

Postby Pompeyred » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Loud EFC wrote:
Pompeyred wrote:Not got much faith in your lot going up the EFC :)

At the start of the season. With Stewart going north. I was happy finishing 5th from bottom. with you lot below us :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can't believe we are top 10. Think we are gonna lose a couple in January.

Must admit it was interesting to see what 10 million quid gets you.
Pompeyred

Postby underthenewstand » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Thoughts on the game from me that again a draw would of been a fair result as the only difference in a pretty poor game was their 5 Reda Johnson as he scored their first & mopped up everything at the back for them.
Overall in the 2 games we have only really played well for 30mins in total.

We certainly need more of what Wes & Hassan brought to the team when they came on running at their defenders.
Also Rory not getting forward until the last 5 mins as well made a difference as he creates chances with his crossing.

Really hope Bournemouth let Tyler stay till the end of the season as he has been the only CB to stay fit while the others have been in & out with injurys.

With Wood going back to his parent club & Alex B looking like he will depart after the Barrow game, a few reinforcements will incoming i hope & as hard as they are to find getting some expierence into the side could be the difference in us having a second season at this level, as that has maybe proved in the Bromley & Eastleigh teams have.

Also as much as JP scored goals for us, the amount of headers he won from set pieces at the back has also shown this season for us at the back as every free kick or corner we look very suspect that we will concede goals.
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Postby ade » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Loud EFC wrote:Good Evenin' Hawkys

Really enjoyed our 2 games over christmas.
Saw a few old faces which was great. Enjoyed the fact some of you, got in our bar. Hopefully the powers that be will look at the way the two sets of fans. Showed great respect towards each other. Both before and after.( During the game was another matter :lol: :lol: ) Will allow less segregation next time
Hopefully we will do it all again next season :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

morning beast boy!

yep, result withstanding i had a great day at yours to add to our late heroics at our place :P

great meeting up with old adversaries. sorry about the embarrassing bar confusion at our place :shifty:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Return to Hawk Lounge