Garbage

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Garbage

Postby montyles » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm

I am afraid to say I thought we were garbage today. strange line up, have we gone back to 3-5-2. Very light weight up front, we will always be out muscled in this league against what seems bigger and bigger centre-backs. If we cannot find a big guy from somewhere how about trying Jordan Rose up there, just to add a bit of height and strength up there.Can someone explain to me why, at goal kicks, with the pitch 50 yards wide, the whole team moves to one side and the goalie kicks it out for a throw in, I think that happened 3 times today. Rant over I hope we have a better line-up against Eastleigh. We have got to start winning games again, be great if that is on Tuesday.
montyles

Re: Garbage

Postby HaylingHawk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Yep, was pretty poor just lumping it up the middle when they had a massive centre half. Would have been nice to see if he had any pace with a few balls in behind, nikke was never beating him in the air. Also the first two goals were so easy, just a ball across the front post not defended. Not great
HaylingHawk

Postby martin » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Yes it wasn't easy to watch today. No lack of effort particularly but not much coherence or quality in general.
But with several new or newish faces there is always the risk that the team just won't gel. Key injuries continue to impact and right now it's difficult to know who are the "first 11", whereas for much of last 2 seasons there seemed to be a real consistency.
Hopefully today is a blip amidst what's been a decent run of results and we go on and bag 8 pts out of next 4 games.
martin

Postby ade » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:03 pm

yep, as HE states in the portsmouth news HE got it wrong today. that just means that even the new messiah is not without sin!

we're all in this together and we go again nyd.

massive result for us Braintree beating maidenhead. as we were, 2 points clear. #coyh #lgbth #lgfalw
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby underthenewstand » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:43 pm

Well at least Bradbury has come out and admitted he got it wrong today, not pinned it on anyone else.

Not going to be easy but replacing Jonah is a must as most teams seem to have a target man as i dont class any of our other strikers as that type of Forward.

The defence & midfield have never played together before and it showed.

I know that Jordan Rose is a player that a lot of fans like but i think this level is too much for him as just makes errors that lead to goals,maybe today his lack of recent gametime showed but even in earlier games he started some of the loose passing he made lead to goals for the opposition.

Loan deals of Cordner,Wood & Bradley all expire on Jan 1st so hope their renewed or the squad is going to be stretched a lot.

On to NYD & another point their would be good for me.

#UTH
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Postby tony h » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 am

Blimey. What happened? The players seemed unsure where they shud be playing. I swear tbere was no one on tbe right until frostie came on. A lot of changes and new faces, a system that no one understood. Still.going to eastlleigh thoughhh. COYH.
tony h

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:28 am

352 didn’t work at all, I can understand trying to pick our tallest team against that opposition but the players brought in looked like they hadn’t played for a month, because they hadn’t played for a month! leefang trotted around aimlessly 5 yards behind the ball or his his man and the new forward looked like a poor version of Ibra. Hitting long balls to nicke up against a man mountain was a poor plan, the game was crying out for 442 and some pace out wide, having said that there right back had a cracking game but he didn’t have a right midfielder to play against

We might not have got anything anyway and the manager had to try something I felt. with all the games coming thick and fast our players are really up against it against full time players right now, it’s one game that won’t define our season but let’s hope that we can keep our better loan players and somehow find a striker to play with Alfie pretty soon
Pompeyred

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:38 am

Definately a game for us to forget. 3 well deserved points by an experienced Bromley side.

I do have sympathy for Bradbury as it's 4 games over 10 days from Boxing Day to the Barrow game on the 5th. He had to rotate especially as we're only part time. Unfortunately the issue was the players coming in hadn't played National League standard in weeks and it showed.

I personally thought yesterdays game was where we should have focused getting the points and anything from the two Eastleigh games would have been a bonus.

But still. Onto NYD. A point again will be most welcoming :thumbup: :wave:
Ed Harris' Pint

Return to Hawk Lounge