Stocky

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Stocky

Postby keeks212 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Just read in The News that he's retiring after the game with Barrow on the 5th January.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8745126

Can't believe it, what a loss he's going to be. Absolute class act and a great leader. Wish him all the best and that but I wish he was staying to see the season out.
keeks212

Re: Stocky

Postby CyprusHawk » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Not great timing, would have been nice to have seen him through to the end of the season, especially given that Carter is injured - though Andreas Robinson could plug the gap unless Bradders can find a similar ex Bournemouth/Pompey chap moving back to area after a great career. I do get Stocky's viewpoint though - a career in coaching with a Premier League club can't be turned down really. Well done Stocky, all the best. We're not on tv so thats it won't see him play at WLP again (unless i can make Boxing Day, which isn't looking good at the minute).
CyprusHawk

Postby robert ellam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Brian Stock Our Captain and Leader our BEST ever signing. Pure class. Good luck at Bournemouth. :thumbup:
robert ellam

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:56 pm

will be greatly missed, cheers for the memories stocky, as ever though its a chance for someone to step up and make a name for themselves or make the position their own.

we've a few young lads making their way in the game and this could be a massive chance for one of them.
Pompeyred

Return to Hawk Lounge