irons out the fire?

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

irons out the fire?

Postby ade » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:46 pm

raw emotion at the stadium of dreams.... people's attentions more on the new messiah situation than our attempt to win 3 crucial, potentially vital points.

a bizarre line-up :o i guess the idea was to tear into our guests from the off, with power and pace up top :idea:

all it did was gift braintree the initiative for a dogs bollox first half. glad to go in 0-0.

the current situation really effected things behind the goal, understandably....

first 5 mins. off the second and we created more than we had the whole of the first.

awesome alfie goal, beats one, beats two and another and a controlled finish into the corner :thumbup: :clap:

they never looked like scoring and arguably didn't :)

never has 'ghosted in at the far post' seemed more apt. stoppage time alfie winner, cue #utmol

little break from this relentless, tummy churning league now, by which time we'll have a far clearer view of where we're going....

whatever happens we are the class act, whiter than white hawks with a mahooosive heart. nothing and no one can change that :!: :evil: :twisted:

hope to see some hawkies tuesday 8-) :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Re: irons out the fire?

Postby baz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 am

As Ade has said, most talk was about if Bradbury will go or stay, with fans offering different opinions, I believe we should have a Peoples Vote ;)

The game itself was a pretty turgid affair, not helped by a blustery wind and outbreaks of rain and seeing players losing their footing constantly. Very strange starting line-up with Nicke looking like a fish out of water playing out wide which consequently meant that the midfield looked very lightweight although Andy Robbo valiantly trying to do the work of two men. I thought our passing was the poorest I've seen for a while, overhit and underhit and not creating very much, the one good chance we had in the first half Nicke scuffed his shot badly which indicates how his confidence is shot at the moment.

Alfie though is completely the opposite, he took his first goal really well and but the number times he slipped whilst trying to turn a defender he would have caused more problems. I also thought Alex Bradley coming on late gave us more energy when we needed it after conceding the goal and his excellent cross created Alfie's winner, which begs the question, why did he not start?

A worry again was the sight of Paul Robbo not finishing half of the match. We signed him as our major Kingpin defender in the summer, Lord knows where we would be if we hadn't got Cordner on loan and Paul's injury problems doesn't bode well for the rest of the season and Struggs didn't appear on the teamsheet yesterday, does that mean he is still suffering ongoing problems?

Break from the league next week when we go to Dover whose form has improved of late. Whilst it would be nice to have a little Trophy run and a few quid to strengthen the coffers, the League is obviously the priority so I won't complain if we go into the game with a much weakened side to give our walking wounded more time to recover.

COYH
baz

Postby ade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:36 pm

baz wrote:As Ade has said, most talk was about if Bradbury will go or stay, with fans offering different opinions, I believe we should have a Peoples Vote ;)

baz, can we call it #bradxit?
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Pretty terrible game really. Terrible weather too which really didn't help things. You'd think players at this level would quickly realise that pumping the ball long behind the defence with that amount of rain falling would just result in it skidding out but it continually happened for both sides.

But still. 3 points in the bag! Not entirely sure what Kabamba was doing out wide. It didn't work, and hopefully that tactic won't be used again. Another 2 goals for Alfie who is on fire atm. Surely it won't be too long before league clubs start sniffing about for him if he carries on with this form...
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby Highhawks » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Very difficult conditions in first half for hawks to play their normal football on wet and crosseind to contend with, first half looked nervous due to current situation around the club, 2nd half much better to watch and the players looked more like themselves and created the chances required to get the win, 2 cracking goals from the machine Alfie and woody unlucky for his attempted interception to divert into the net that Ben could do nothing about, hope lee decides to stay but wish him the best if he does decide to go if he's given the choice by their board, my next game will be boxing day against our other hants rivals Eastleigh and hope for 3 festive points, be great to start an fa trophy run next week but staying in this league is our priority and I'm confident we be in this league next season COYH
Highhawks

Postby underthenewstand » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:18 pm

Not too much to add to whats been said for except an above comment about pumping the ball forward was the reason for our 2 goals saturday.

Watching the 2nd goal back tonight and to say what a great floated ball by Will Wood into the box.
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Return to Hawk Lounge