Hartlepool after Bradbury

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: Hartlepool after Bradbury

Postby trevorfj » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Lee Bradbury has seen the Hawks through good times and bad and during his tenure the club has enjoyed more success than experienced under any other manager. He has helped to achieve the club’s stated ambition of playing in the National League.
As a supporter and season ticket holder I wish for our manager to stay. Is this view shared by the Chairman and his Board of Directors?

Comments published in The News and attributed to the Chairman:
'I was a bit surprised that he flew up the next day to meet them, but that's football.’
'Since then we have not heard a dicky bird and no-one knows what is happening.’
'Obviously, we would like it resolved sooner rather than later because it is a bit unsettling.’
‘If Hartlepool want him they will have to pay us a large sum of compensation.’
'Once we know what is happening then we can get ourselves into shape to move forward.'
These do not seem to be the comments of a proactive board.

I wonder if the board share the ambitions of our manager? Has last season’s success been a step too far? Does the manager and staff at all levels feel that their efforts have been appreciated? And that they are valued?

For me, the achievements have been beyond my dreams. This season, I have usually watched a higher standard of football and enjoyed the team adapt to the new challenges. May it continue.

Good luck, Lee, wherever you may be! I hope it is at Westleigh.
trevorfj

Postby ade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm

:shock: :o :shock: :o there's no one more ambitious than our BOD :!:

but in a responsible and sustainable way. have you not noticed the efforts we've made bringing in top quality loan players to strengthen our squad for this titanic battle for survival :idea: :?:

i'm a massive new messiah fan but we have to look after our own club. the BIGGEST deal at the moment was those 3 points yesterday. 3 points clear of the dropzone, who would't have taken that at the start of the season :?:

that gives us a natural break of 2 weeks before our next league game. i don't think it's unreasonable to ask other clubs and individuals to let us know what's going on so we can get ourselves sorted :geek:

stay or go i wish lee all the very best and thank him not for the last 2 glorious seasons, but the way he represents us hawks 8-)
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Scott » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 am

You took the Hawks down Lee, but got 2 league titles in a row through faith from the board and club at the Hawks who believed in you.

This is the kind of shit you will get at Hartlepool from the club president...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV3nrAd2KyM
never get out of the boat, absolutely god damned right, unless you were going all the way...
Scott

Postby Pompeyred » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 am

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8734036

the snooze reporting LB has drifted out in the betting, its fair to say it would have happened by now if it was going to? unless they want to interview everyone who has applied and not just a 3 man short list maybe!
Pompeyred

Postby ade » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 am

fair to say all parties need to get on with it, pompers :!:

it's beginning to grate a bit now and is only adversely effecting us :geek: :thumbdown:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby nath » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:01 am

And then darling, just for one day, yeah, we can fight and we can win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible
nath

Postby ParkLife » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Trying to put this into some form of perspective.

For a club desperate to return to Diviosion 2, the decision taken by Hartlepool seems to be a safe and logical option. With a track record of success at that level, Richard Money has an impressive CV. Taking a punt on Lee Bradbury would have been a big gamble in comparison. (As an aside, I rather like his "Dickie Dosh" nickname).

So where does this leave us? A manager previously backed and supported by an amazingly loyal board. (Very lucky to survive our relegation in 2016). A manager who now wants to move up the managerial ladder.

Really don't think that anyone would begrudge Lee the opportunity to fulfill his ambition. However, for me the issue of managerial changes all revolves around timing. Nothing worse than jumping ship mid season, really unsettling for players and fans. This recent saga has been very poor timing and potentially damaging to the club.

Given the recent comments from Derek Pope, the relationship between manager and the Hawks Board now appears to me to be damaged. Not sure that Lee can expect the same level of loyalty and backing from the board in the future.

Sometimes a gamble is worth taking. On other occasions it can begin a process which merely starts to "burn your own boats".
ParkLife

Postby lammy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Think you have summed it up perfectly ParkLife.
Having heard the Solent Interview it is obvious that Bradbury wanted the Hartlepool job and has now made up his mind that it is the right time for his next career move.
Where does that leave us - waiting for the next Conference Vacancy to come up so he can throw his name into the ring? Wouldn't be surprised if the Aldershot job comes up shortly.
The club feels a little less stable now.
lammy

Postby CyprusHawk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm

I can see him moving on, and i don't blame him particularly after 6 years it might be good for both him and the club. I suspect he'd more likely move more local than Hartlepool Utd though. Hopefully this can be sorted out in the summer once he's guided us to safety though. We don't need any more unrest, we've got a job to do to stay in this league. Lets show Hartlepool what they missed out on and go get 3 points off them.
CyprusHawk

Previous

Return to Hawk Lounge