Hartlepool after Bradbury

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Re: Hartlepool after Bradbury

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Reports are being touted that he's favourite to take the job, and given the length of time he's been with us, the patience we've shown, he's shown, the loyalty both ways, the location and all of the difficulties about taking the job there are, its still a full time pro club with crowds of around 3,500 every week, a much bigger playing budget and as such he could see that as a catalyst to getting back into the football league with Hartlepool Utd or moving onto a league club if he has some success there. Its got to be worth a punt hasn't it? If he doesn't take it and we get relegated (although i don't think we will there is still that chance) he might never get the chance again - remember when Neil Warnock turned down the chance to go manage Chelsea? He's never had the chance since to manage a top big club again. So for those reasons i think if he's offered the post he'll take it. I would be happy either way, but it could be a good time for both parties. He would be leaving us in a position we could only ever dreamed of when he arrived back in 2012. We've reached the heights of the top of the Non League pyramid and a chance of survival with the squad he's assembled, albeit we have relied heavily on loanees, and he's excelled in that market this season with the players he's brought in. Some real quality with Tyler Cordner, Alex Bradley, Jonah Ayunga and Will Wood. Every one of those has been nothing short of superb! Of course if Lee does decide to go, it could be his last game in charge on Saturday - we've scored 14 goals in the last 3 home matches and now we've got Braintree who lie at the foot of this division. We scored 4 at their place, so come on Hawks we can send him off in style by winning well can't we? If he stays we have got ourselves back on track with 3 points after those 2 3-1 & 3-0 defeats. There would of course be no shortage of applicants as well i guess: I feel one last "Chas' list" coming on: Someone already mentioned Daryl MacMahon, surely a contender? Dean Holdsworth has links to the club, and has been stating in recent weeks he's ready to take up the reigns of football management again, Harry Kewell has been at Crawley and Notts County (both at the foot of league 2) so dropping a division might be an option for him? and i guess the usual suspects' names would all surface too: Liam Daish, Terry Brown etc......so there is food for thought for you all. Now the important thing is that we all get focussed, the team train as usual and we go into Saturday confident of obtaining all 3 points for the club. COYH!
CyprusHawk

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Just realised as well, should Lee take the job after Saturday - his first task would be an away Trophy match at Leamington but thats followed by his first league match on 22-Dec-18 a mouthwatering home fixture against Havant & Waterlooville!!!!!
CyprusHawk

Postby baz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am

Just seems a strange fit to me. Surely there are managers with the right credentials closer to home for them!

If it had been someone like Aldershot searching for a manager I would have given it more credence, but stranger things have happened so you never know. The lure of a bigger club is obviously very attractive to an ambitious manager and maybe Lee has been mesmerised by Jeff Stelling's patter. so I hope he weighs up his options very carefully, it will be a totally different run club than what he has experienced here. Hasn't their new chairman had a chequered past running a football club before. Just saying what i'd heard!

COYH
baz

Postby lammy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:13 pm

I have had the feeling that Bradbury has been a little grumpy lately.
He obviously feels that to survive in this league you need to be full time and he was also critical recently (in several interviews) that the team had to travel to Chesterfield on the day.
Hartlepool may not be the ideal fit for him but it is a full time ex-league club who surely must challenge to go back up at some stage. I would not be surprised if he decided to go.
lammy

Postby ParkLife » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Frankly, I really struggle to see the attraction of the managerial position at Hartlepool.

Over the past 10 years, the merry go round of their managers has been absolutely apalling.......Danny Wilson, Chris Turner, Mick Wadsworth, Neale Cooper, John Hughes, Colin Cooper, Paul Muray, Ronnie Moore, Dave Jones and Matthew Bates.

Whoever is appointed as their next manager will be lucky to survive 12 months. A complete poisoned chalice. ZERO PATIENCE and ZERO LOYALTY. As a club, they are completely at the other end of the spectrum in comparison to the Hawks Board.

Earlier this year, they were teetering on the brink of liquidation. Rather doubt that the begging bowl of Jeff Stelling has done much more than applying a temporary financial sticking plaster. Pillars of sand springs to mind.

Accordingly, beware Lee. Having ambition does not mean losing sight of all common sense!!!
ParkLife

Postby ade » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:19 pm

awesome post parko! :clap:

you wanna take a look at their forum with guys telling lee to do himself a favour and not to touch it! :shifty:

nothing stays the same forever good or bad. and no one would deny the new messiah a chance of progress. but imho this doesn't make sense for lee or pools :roll:

double ya money? and ya budget? see ya family for one and a half days a week?

i know one cant think like this but get sacked and the next stop's BMRFC! :geek:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby CyprusHawk » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Hartlepool have had a lot of managers in recent years and have gone on record somewhere this last week stating they want some stability from a young manager who has drive and ambition, someone who's stayed at a club for a number of years and experienced that kind of stability, so thats a perfect fit i guess with Lee, he's been with us now for 6 years and has also had some success in the mix too. The club no doubt would be a big fit with him being an ex league club, bigger budgets, full time, ambition, and crowds of over 3,000 every week. If he's offered it, i think he'd be mad to turn the opportunity down - otherwise he'll always look back and say "What if?". Just a thought overall.
CyprusHawk

Postby robert ellam » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Harry Redknapp may be interested if Lee Goes to Hartlepool. Any thoughts?
robert ellam

Postby Pompeyred » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 am

About as much chance of prince harry taking charge!
Pompeyred

Postby baz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm

CyprusHawk wrote:Hartlepool have had a lot of managers in recent years and have gone on record somewhere this last week stating they want some stability from a young manager who has drive and ambition, someone who's stayed at a club for a number of years and experienced that kind of stability, so thats a perfect fit i guess with Lee, he's been with us now for 6 years and has also had some success in the mix too. The club no doubt would be a big fit with him being an ex league club, bigger budgets, full time, ambition, and crowds of over 3,000 every week. If he's offered it, i think he'd be mad to turn the opportunity down - otherwise he'll always look back and say "What if?". Just a thought overall.

Thing is Ian, words are cheap in football. They are often made with very good intention but at the end of the day, to use the old cliche - 'Its a results business' especially for big clubs like Hartlepool with a significant fanbase. There is a huge risk that he may not complete the season if results go badly and where does that leave his credibility to manage at a higher level, pretty much zero I should imagine. No one wants to suppress ambition, but when I see many of the comments from 'Pools fans warning him of the dangers of Managing their club then you tend to take notice. But i'm sure Lee will weigh up all the pros and cons and will consider his position carefully before making a decision.
baz

PreviousNext

Return to Hawk Lounge