Hartlepool after Bradbury

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Hartlepool after Bradbury

Postby teebag » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 pm

So looks like the club have given permission for him to speak to Hartlepool?

Views?
teebag

Re: Hartlepool after Bradbury

Postby robert ellam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Cant see Lee taking the job at the other end of the country. He's an HAWK through and through.COYH. :thumbup:
robert ellam

Postby Highhawks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Can't see it either as it's exactly a nice part of the country and don't see them ever doing much, it's not really a step up for him in my opinion and he has roots here in the south
Highhawks

Postby Highhawks » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Can't see it either as it's not exactly a nice part of the country and don't see them ever doing much, it's not really a step up for him in my opinion and he has roots here in the south
Highhawks

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:35 pm

You could see the appeal for him though. Presumably a bigger budget and full time club too who would be aiming for the play offs this season/promotion next season.

Hoping he stays and it doesn't effect our performance on Saturday which is a massive game.
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby martin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:17 am

With 2 successive promotions to my name, I would be wanting to hear from Liverpool not hartlepool!
martin

Postby Pompeyred » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 am

full time club, better wage and a bigger budget seem the draw, the downside obviously it is the other end of the country and not really a progression. and the club looks to be a bit of a basket case to me so anyone taking the job might get the sack 6 months down the line.

you cant blame him for moving on one day but id hope it might be to a league club at least.
Pompeyred

Postby CyprusHawk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 am

I can see the initial appeal of being wanted, at a bigger, full time club, who are probably at least for this season as stable as they'll get. They've had some poor results, but with a bigger budget to play with, he'd be able to get some better quality in, than he probably can at the moment, so i can see why they'd want him and the bookies do make him favourites to take the job as well. However, as someone already said on the forum - if he's not a success, he's likely to be out of work come the summer, then what? but in life you gotta take your chances i guess, and see what happens, if you just rest on your laurels nothing happens. He's been with us 6 years, so he's been pretty loyal and had to deal with a lot of criticism, and rode the wave to have success over the last few years. I for one, was at times probably one of them, but this year we've played in my view the best football we've played for a good number of years despite the fact we've had 2 championships in the last couple of years. I still think we've got enough in the tank to survive, but it could be a good time for a change to see what someone else could do with this team and who can be brought in as well. I'm happy whether Lee decides to go, and we get a new man in, or if Lee decides to stay. If we go down of course, will he get another opportunity to take a full time role? My gut feeling is that with a heavy heart, he'll take it. But regardless all the best. I'm looking forward to saturday's match against Braintree Town.
CyprusHawk

Postby jubileepark » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm

The News are reporting that Bradbury has been interviewed... and that "the interview went well"

I'd love Lee to stay, but if he does move on, The non-league paper are reporting that Daryl McMahon is itching to get back into management after leaving Ebbsfleet.
jubileepark

Postby Highhawks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Must be a tough thinking time for lee Bradbury to make in these hours and days ahead, whatever he decides to do, I wanna thank him for all his hard work and dedication he always puts into our beloved club, he's taken us to our highest ever league, works really hard behind the scenes, I've met him and chatted to him a few times, he's a top man who respect alot, whatever he decides to do he leave the hawks in a good position, if he does decide to go I wish him well their and next manager will have big shoes to fill
Highhawks

Next

Return to Hawk Lounge