Who'd have thought it two years ago...

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Who'd have thought it two years ago...

Postby Probably Shirts » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 am

Draws away at Barnet and now Chesterfield...

In the league.

Not in a cup, in the league.

A far cry from the days at Leiston's village vegetable show and Met Police's one-burger food stall. In the league.

Pinch me, I'm dreaming.
Probably Shirts

Re: Who'd have thought it two years ago...

Postby Adam » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Probably Shirts wrote:Not in a cup, in the league.

Last 30 minutes bloody well felt like a cup-tie though. Very mixed feelings about yesterday - on the face of it, yes, absolutely an excellent away point. Their substitutions to go with 2 giants plus an absolutely ridiculous long throw certainly kept us pinned back so the defence (particularly Tyler & Struggs) did really really well to hold out. Some cracking saves from Ben to secure us the point too.

On the other hand, they really weren't great, and created barely anything until they went route one. Along with the saves, Ben was pretty ropey on simple crosses into the box, Pavey was poor again for me - no confidence at all, including a one on one with the keeper where he did nothing apart from run the ball straight into the keeper's arms. So a good point, but maybe a game where we need to look to come away with three. And nice to see yet another set of fans that consider us to be absolutely the worst team to ever grace their presence :roll:

MoM - Tyler, PLEASE can we keep him
Reserves the right to randomly switch between "glass half full" and "glass half empty" on a whim.
Adam

Postby underthenewstand » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:02 pm

For 52mins yesterday we were the best team no doubt they were awful, worse than Maidenhead when they had 11 men.
But what can you do when they make the subs they did as they had no other ideas to create anything and you can see why they want Allen gone as manager if thats all he can do to create chances for his team.
His coaching badges should be removed from him.

Fair play to the lad for throwing it that far though, he will probably create a load of chances at WLP if they use that tactic at our ground as it is smaller then theres and from our halfway line alone it will reach the 6yd box i would imagine as it was that good.

I think Pavey was left on for his height to help defend the long throws.
Shame we didnt have another left sided attacking player as their Right back was shocking and the crowd were on his back everytime he lost the ball and the only time Alex got at him he went passed him with ease.

Still a decent point for me.
Tricky game saturday as Harry Wheeler has got Maidstone in good form since going in their.

Also be interesting what the new lad in midfield brings as he seems to have travelled to a few footballing outposts in his career so far and looks to be a big unit to beef up our midfield line up.
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:01 pm

And who'd have thought we could have nicked 3 points too :thumbup:.

Such a shame Pavey mis controlled it when he was played through with just the keeper to beat. Last season, we would have scored and then defended for our lives to pick up the 3 points but hey. A point on the road after the second half onslaught is a useful point. Chesterfield were absolutely terrible for the first 45 mins but then aerially bombarded us for the next 45.

Great saves by Ben too. They were great in person, and even better when watching it back on the highlights.

Onto Maidstone which will be tough game. Here's to another 3 points and to pull away from that dreaded relegation zone :thumbup:
Ed Harris' Pint

Postby tony h » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Alfie P could do with a bit of a rest. Bring back nicke kabamba.
Could do with jason prior.
tony h

Postby baz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:23 pm

We'd be above Chesterfield :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
baz

Return to Hawk Lounge