Fan fodder at Met Police

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Fan fodder at Met Police

Postby Probably Shirts » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am

Last time we went there they sold out of their one burger, both bags of crisps, and their only sausage roll about an hour before kick-off.

Fair cop, the bar is fantastic, but the food didn't take any prisoners.

Hope things are better tomorrow. Might be a good idea to take your own porridge with you.
Probably Shirts

Re: Fan fodder at Met Police

Postby CyprusHawk » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Now i know i wasn't there, but listening in - so poor. I can't believe we've been knocked out at this stage. The time we're actually one of the top teams in the competition before the 1st round proper kicks in. To lose 1-0 and to a team 2 leagues below us. With Pavey, Kabamba, upfront and not to score against these is very poor indeed. Surely we need to be doing better than this especially given a cup run brings in revenue, it also would have given us prize money of £25,000 - we've earnt nothing this year i guess. We might have played against Pompey as well. It'll be just our luck if Met Police draw them at home now!! So gutted. Not happy. I suppose we can concentrate on the league now and just make sure we survive relegation.
CyprusHawk

Postby montyles » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Cannot believe we have lost. Was going up there today to see an emphatic win, glad i went to the pub. See the loanees started today, cant wait for the injured players to return.
montyles

Postby underthenewstand » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Now we all pay our money when we attend football matches and of course can shout our opinions at players,coaches refs other fans but i have never understood why during a game you want to berate one of your own players if he is having a poor game or come to it a poor season so far.

Surely save it till the end of the game to have a go at the performance, yes i know last 4 games we have not performed as well as a lot of fans would like but today fans seem split & if the last 2 seasons have shown us that being united has been a major part of the club getting us into the position were in now.

Now i know that Pavey seems to be main subject of fans displeasure and whether you think the 24 goals at Dartford were tap ins for the lad but to score tap ins you still need the service to score tap ins and maybe a strike partner that you click with and for me Kabamba and Pavey dont seem to have that so far, will that be given time is another matter as we may not have enough time to see if that works or not.

My other concern is the 2 young lads on loan would be great in a team doing well but in a team playing poorly at the moment i think the need for expierence is required if of course we could get would be better.

Also the wing back system doesnt seem to be working for me either, Cosgrave & Ibra seem to have pace to burn out wide in the 2nd half today and were putting balls in the box and maybe a 442 could be the way to go but i know thats unlikely.

Anyway onto Orient were a backs to the wall performance is going to be required to get anything from the game and just giving support for 90mins as we have recently.

Up The Hawks!
Owner of 2 Rory Williams shirts that are not suitable for my 35yr old Body Frame.
underthenewstand

Postby Ed Harris' Pint » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Where to even start..

First, well done to Met Police. I thought they played good passing football going forward and threw bodies in front of the ball in the second half. You can see why they're 9 games unbeaten. If you knew nothing about football, you'd have a hard time guessing which team is National League and which is Ryman (Evo Stik)...

As for us. Utterly lacking in any ideas. Apart from the odd half chance, I don't remember the Met goalkeeper actually having to do anything. It's worrying that not only are we struggling to create at National League level but now also against a team two leagues below. I said it in my previous post, we will not stay up by just lumping the ball up to Kabamba. If we're not creating chances by playing long balls, why don't we switch our system? When was the last time we scored from a through ball or after a build up in play in midfield?

In regards to Pavey, I'm in agreement that berating him as the game is going on is utterly pointless. I actually felt for the lad as you could see his confidence draining. I just don't think our way of playing suits him at all and it'd be interesting to know how he played at Dartford last season when he was banging goals in.

All in all, a very disappointing afternoon. Back to the league, and it doesn't come much harder than Orient away.
Ed Harris' Pint

Fan fodder at Met Police

Postby ade » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:53 pm

not a case of lack of effort, just bereft of confidence, movement and ideas to break down an obviously hard-working and organised team two divs below us :|

we all see things differently but our 3 loan players have been a plus point for me in the games i've seen :clap: :thumbup:

the new messiah certainly had to do something with our injury situation.

i would personally swap winning the fa cup for staying in this brills league but that doesn't make yesterday any easier :thumbdown:

plus there's the small matter of 25 big ones that MAY have helped us strengthen :idea:

and when met police draw sunderland tomorrow i'll only be kidding myself when i say 'yeah, but we would have been a different numbered ball' :shifty:

of course anyone can shout anything but does anyone REALLY think it helps.... you could also say it's none of my business, but when it's the foulest personal abuse in my proximity does that make it my business....

alfie is a fine player and will come good soonest :geek:

plus points :?:

ben dudinski master class and the raw emotion at the end with some hawks players and fans in a 'come on! we're all in this together' vibe :thumbup:

oh and that winning goal ya loada bastids :twisted:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby Acko1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Good Afternoon everyone,

Just wanted a write a piece on here as I did make some comments towards Pavey during the game which I am ashamed about

I have personally apologised to Alfie for this via his personal social media. I also apologise to anyone else who was offended by these remarks.

As we all know the game got the better of me losing to a team 2 leagues below us, however we still support the team.

Again just wanted to apologise again to everyone and can assure you this will not happen again.

Hope people can accept my apology and move onto our next game against Leyton Orient, if anyone would like to speak to me on Saturday, I will personally apologise to anyone.

Regards
Acko1234

Postby ade » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm

100% fair play to you mate :thumbup: :clap:
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby PFW » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:53 pm

I appreciate the postings so far but....

... how was the fodder this time around?
PFW

Return to Hawk Lounge