Orient Tickets

Full and frank discussion about all matters Hawk related. Register to post.

Orient Tickets

Postby KimMannsFan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:29 pm

I tried in vain on Saturday to buy a ticket for the match at Brisbane Road. The people running the club shop said they had not been given them to sell; the people behind the bar said they did not have them either. I thought of queuing to ask at the burger bars, but that seemed a bit of a long shot. Orient's online ticket sales is no longer working. I phoned Orient's ticket office today and eventually got through to someone who helpfully told me that tickets for away fans can only be bought from the away club. Should I risk just turning up on the day without a ticket? What are others doing?
KimMannsFan

Re: Orient Tickets

Postby Tigerhawk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 pm

I brought mine in the club shop when they were first issued, I thought that's where they were still selling them.
If it's not about winning why do we keep score
Tigerhawk

Postby Andy S » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:52 pm

As far as I was aware you can pay on the day but apparently it’s £2 dearer than if you buy one of the 200 tickets the club has already been given. Obviously, locating one of the advance tickets is the problem. I would have imagined they were available in the shop - I thought they were to be honest - or somewhere during what was the last home match before the Orient game. Best bet is to track down general manager Mr Aymes at the club during working week hours. That’s all I know I’m afraid.
Andy S

Postby ade » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:15 pm

mate! got mine from our club shop 2 weeks ago?
celebrated author of 'prolific garbage on the beasts forum, 2008- july 2013'
ade

Postby skif » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:43 am

Being that I live a half hour stroll from Orient, I was also just going to rock up on the day

Certainly their sell out at the weekend focused the mind somewhat, but that was mainly due to tickets being a fiver for all (which won't be the case against us)

I emailed their box office manager and this was the reply

"[The away section] is larger than the 200 tickets we sent Havant and we are planning to have cash turnstiles on the day.

Having said that, the tickets are cheaper in advance so if you can purchase from Havant maybe by phone then you will save a couple of pounds."

So, as Andy suggested, we should be alright. I don't mind bunging an extra couple of quid Orients way - always had a soft spot for them.

Not that I will on the 27th though, obviously. COYH.
old timey propaganda: Pressing Engagements / archived bullshit : Destination Havant 'Ville Departing Waterloo
skif

Postby KimMannsFan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:52 am

Thanks everyone for your replies. Annoying that the club shop people knew nothing about the tickets last Saturday (I couldn't make the Solihull game), but no worries, it sounds like it'll be safe to turn up on the day with cash. The extra £2 is no big deal; not being able to get in the ground would have been!
KimMannsFan

Return to Hawk Lounge